Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 846 Posts

·
Bad cat!
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I was thinking more like the parts trade thread in the Singlespeed forum. Nothing for sale, you throw up some parts you have and what you're looking for, then I guess the PM's fly...

I think it's taboo to toss out prices and talk cash, that's classifieds territory.

For example, I have a Niner nude carbon fork, almost new, looking for a Carver O'beast carbon fork for the fatty...

·
wheelmanron
60 Posts
I have a brand new, not cut grey Pugsley fork, 135mm offset. If anyone is interested, I will consider all interesting offers, not just bike stuff.

·
Stubby-legged
1,339 Posts
I have a FatLefty set up. Clamps, wheel (fat Sheba, P321 hub, Ti-Lefty). I'm looking fro a White Bro. SnowPack.
nobby, is your Carver carbon or Ti.?
FatBob, if I could get a straight answer from the guy who wants my spare frame...I'd trade ya. It's a non-sloping top tube, does that matter?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I have a FatLefty set up. Clamps, wheel (fat Sheba, P321 hub, Ti-Lefty). I'm looking fro a White Bro. SnowPack.
FatBob, if I could get a straight answer from the guy who wants my spare frame...I'd trade ya. It's a non-sloping top tube, does that matter?
1spd1way, is your spare built up or just a frame? In a perfect world I'd love to do bike for bike... Is a non sloping tt the 1st version purple rig?

·
This place needs an enema
16,200 Posts
More details on what you have, please?

And more details on what you'd ideally get in trade?

Thanks,

MC

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Does it have the clamps to work with a 170 head tube?

·
Stubby-legged
1,339 Posts
Clamps are from the first set from Craig @mendon. Ti-lefty is old, rebuilt by Craig and ridden for one winter and two summers. Travel reduced from 90m (?) using 29er kit for a newer Lefty. P321 hub, black/silver. Graceful Sheba rim.

I'm looking for a Snowpack fork. Prefer 450 ac to closely match the Pugs fork.

FatBob, the frame is a thunderhead grey frame same toptube setup as the purple, just grey. Frame only, offset fork available.

·
16,200 Posts
Clamps are from the first set from Craig @mendon. Ti-lefty is old, rebuilt by Craig and ridden for one winter and two summers. Travel reduced from 90m (?) using 29er kit for a newer Lefty. P321 hub, black/silver. Graceful Sheba rim.

I'm looking for a Snowpack fork. Prefer 450 ac to closely match the Pugs fork.

FatBob, the frame is a thunderhead grey frame same toptube setup as the purple, just grey. Frame only, offset fork available.
How much steerer do you need?

I put a Snowpack fork onto the wife's Fatback at the end of last winter. I'm not sure she's even ridden it yet--maybe once? If you need a shortish steerer we may have a deal.

If I understand you correctly, your Lefty has 90mm travel with the fat wheel?

·
Stubby-legged
1,339 Posts
mikesee, the Ti-lefty was 90mm when stock. LBS put in 1 spacer from a 29er kit (from cannondale). So a little less ,20mm (?). travel is about 70mm now. I haven't been lacking for travel riding here in Maine. The steerer tube on my Pugs is 202mm/8 in.. I'll remeasure to be sure.

·
16,200 Posts
mikesee, the Ti-lefty was 90mm when stock. LBS put in 1 spacer from a 29er kit (from cannondale). So a little less ,20mm (?). I haven't been lacking for travel riding here in Maine. The steerer tube on my Pugs is 202mm/8 in.. I'll remeasure to be sure.
Thanks for the info. No longer interested--but I'm sure someone else is.

·
Bad cat!
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Calling the wheelmaster...

Hey Mikesee, I have a fat lefty setup I'd think about doing a little trading with against some wheel build action, any interest in that? Already trying to get parts together for a 2013 Muk set up single speed. God I hate myself.

Lefty Max 140 from my 2005 Prophet, new pbr poptop guts (and a good going over w/some new needle bearings and a fresh boot) from MCS last fall, 9 3/8" of steerer tube with tape butted against crown race, had 95mm of travel on the Muk but fully bottomed would just barely buzz the lugs on the Nate (my own homebrewed spacer inside). Also have a rolling holey darryl I laced to a cannondale si hub but that would be pretty funny if you wanted that I suppose...

Looking to get as far as I can towards a Marge lite/dt swiss double butted/hope rear/whub front type of scenario. Have one Marge lite rim already.

1 - 20 of 846 Posts