Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This winter/spring my partner and I rode our fatbikes on the Iditarod Trail for roughly 700 miles, then veered north and continued on the the arctic community of Kotzebue. A journey of over 1,000 miles.

Here is a link to our journal with photos: Fatbike to the Arctic - Journal - Mjolnir of Bjørn

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone. This was, without question, the best winter fatbike trip I have been on. The trail, weather and amazing people we encountered all conspired to our benefit.

Sean, I can't begin to say how amazing the ti wood stove is. It changes everything - for the better.

·
Anchorage, AK
1,306 Posts
Thank you everyone. This was, without question, the best winter fatbike trip I have been on. The trail, weather and amazing people we encountered all conspired to our benefit.

Sean, I can't begin to say how amazing the ti wood stove is. It changes everything - for the better.
What size is your stove, Bjorn? It looks like there are several sizes on the website.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lars_D - We used the 22" barrel stove and found it to be a really good size. That said, I only have experience with that one so I don't have the best perspective. It would seem however that it would be difficult to be as comfortable at -20º as we were with the smaller version. I am very curious about the WIFI flat top stove and would love to hear reports from someone who has used it in cold temperatures.
Here is a writeup I did about retrofitting our mid shelter for the stove:

Titanium Goat Retrofit â€" Mjolnir of Bjørn

I really can't recommend it enough.
Cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.