Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Addict
122 Posts
I know effectivel nothing about the 22" but I just built an 18" and my buddy built a 20" and we both agree they are on the large side of sizing compared to our other rides. I am 5'10" with a 34" inseam and he is 6'3" with a 36" inseam. We both said that we are glad we didn't get the larger size....not sure if that helps, but that is our Fatback sizing experience...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Surfdog93 said:
Thanks guys.

Steven, any chance you can give me the stack height ?
surfdog, I have the 20" not sure how much taller the headtube is on the 22" if at all.

RENCRN8 said:
I know effectivel nothing about the 22" but I just built an 18" and my buddy built a 20" and we both agree they are on the large side of sizing compared to our other rides. I am 5'10" with a 34" inseam and he is 6'3" with a 36" inseam. We both said that we are glad we didn't get the larger size....not sure if that helps, but that is our Fatback sizing experience...
Interesting, I am the same size as your friend and wish I had purchased the 22" My bike rides small for a 25" EFF top tube. It is not enough to be of concern, just not ideal for my riding style.

Cheers,
Steven

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, at 6'8", I am looking for every extra inch and am hoping to avoid the expense of a custom frame, so comparing the stack heights for me is one important dimension.
Drawing from Salsa site below (M and G-headtube values would be gr8)

Also pictured below is my off-the-shelf SS (23") which fits me pretty well, so hoping I can find the same (or similar) fitting fat bike.....unfortunately no demos of any brand in my area

Robert

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Surfdog93 said:
Thanks guys, at 6'8", I am looking for every extra inch and am hoping to avoid the expense of a custom frame, so comparing the stack heights for me is one important dimension.
Drawing from Salsa site below (M and G-headtube values would be gr8)

Also pictured below is my off-the-shelf SS (23") which fits me pretty well, so hoping I can find the same (or similar) fitting fat bike.....unfortunately no demos of any brand in my area

Robert
Surf,
I've ridden JR's 22". I'm 6'7" and found that with a few tweaks it will fit me fabulous. I have a Pug now and am starting to hate it. The Fatback not only felt "right" in sizing, but the ride and handling were right on....just like a regular mountain bike. The key is in the wider rear hub and the longer ETT vs. my Pug.
With the right stem and post I think you will be very happy. Also, I believe the steerer is quite long on the Fatback fork.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm 6'4" and ride a 22". I was originally on fence about whether to buy a 20" or a 22" but after talking with Greg and John at Speedway and a couple of guys on the forum they all talked me into the 22". I'm really happy they did since the 22" is a bit tall but feels perfect in top tube length. I can't imagine how cramped I would feel if I sized down to a 20". The 22" Fatback is nearly identical in cockpit length as my S-Works 21" SS. I think the 22" may be slightly on the small side for you but should work fine with a long high rise stem. I believe it is pretty much the biggest fat frame money can buy unless you go the full custom route.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.