Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I have been running Fatback Hadley hubs for a good while now and have been very impressed with them. I've bought a new set with carbon rims and wanted to fit the older set I've been running on my Fatback onto my MukLuk, but there isn't enough clearance for the rotor and it catches on the caliper mount.......

Am I missing something obvious? I assume that it is a different offset? Is there any way around this?!

Many thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So to be absolutley clear, the hub is front spaced and the Salsa enabler fork is rear spaced?

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
I did hear of someone switching some of the spacers/nuts around on the Hadleys to make them work with a rear spaced fork once, I think.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did hear of someone switching some of the spacers/nuts around on the Hadleys to make them work with a rear spaced fork once, I think.
Thank you, I actually did that a week or so back and it works just fine temporarily, though the rim doesn't sit centrally in the fork of course..... I think I'd rather replace the fork than have the wheel rebuilt!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Easily redished but also a good excuse to update forks:)
So the wheel wouldn't have to be totally rebuilt? I had been considering going for a carbon fork anyway, but didn't really want to loose the anything cage mounts on the Salsa fork.

Thanks again!

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
So the wheel wouldn't have to be totally rebuilt? I had been considering going for a carbon fork anyway, but didn't really want to loose the anything cage mounts on the Salsa fork.

Thanks again!
I'm not a wheel builder and maybe one will chime in but as long as you have enough room on your spokes I don't see why not.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Really? Back when I had a disposable income, I was getting stuff shipped from the UK for a reasonable charge via postal services...try calling their shop direct and see what they can do for you...speak with Greg.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thank you, I actually did that a week or so back and it works just fine temporarily, though the rim doesn't sit centrally in the fork of course..... I think I'd rather replace the fork than have the wheel rebuilt!
I don't really understand this. The front/rear thing is the spacing of the brake rotor. Ignoring that, if the fork is symmetrical then the wheel should not need the dish adjusted to have the rim centered in the fork.

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
I don't really understand this. The front/rear thing is the spacing of the brake rotor. Ignoring that, if the fork is symmetrical then the wheel should not need the dish adjusted to have the rim centered in the fork.
He moved the axle spacers around on the hub to get the disc to line up which in turn will through the dish of the wheel off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts