Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,585 Posts
Hmm… I was under the impression as per conversions with Greg that the drilled Uma II rims were only available in black. Had I known that the polished versions were available I’d have certainly opted for them instead before putting down my order deposit. :nono: :sad: :confused: :( :nonod: Oh well, I am sure that my orange aluminum Fatback with blue Hadley hubs will still look nice with the black drilled Umas. :skep:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leopold Porkstacker said:
Hmm… I was under the impression as per conversions with Greg that the drilled Uma II rims were only available in black. Had I known that the polished versions were available I’d have certainly opted for them instead before putting down my order deposit. :nono: :sad: :confused: :( :nonod: Oh well, I am sure that my orange aluminum Fatback with blue Hadley hubs will still look nice with the black drilled Umas. :skep:
I think I would have picked the black rims with the orange frame.

I am going to polish my luv handlebar and use a black Thomson stem and seatpost with a silver seat collar. I should have a nice balance of silver back and blue. I'll try to take better pics than these blurry ones.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Love the look of those rims!! Are those 70's or wider? Also, looks like the bend in the TT is further forward than it used to be? use to be a third or so from the ST... looks like now it's 'bout a third from the HT... not that it matters but how come? Guess it would fit a bigger frame bag...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ward said:
Love the look of those rims!! Are those 70's or wider? Also, looks like the bend in the TT is further forward than it used to be? use to be a third or so from the ST... looks like now it's 'bout a third from the HT... not that it matters but how come? Guess it would fit a bigger frame bag...
The rims are 70's and they do look amazing. I just took a look at your pics and the slope is different, beats me. I will post better pics and should be done with the build tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Probly bent further forward to give more standover height where you need it...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I went to Speedway last week and they said that the top tube was changed for standover reasons. they also changed the downtube. the guy there wasn't sure why but it still looks great. I got to ride one and it only set the want's to high gear. I got a case of the want's BAD.

·
Fatback
706 Posts
ward said:
We had some folks asking for even more standover, as standover is measured mid tt. The best way to gain that was to move the bend forward.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh well, so much for build progress photos.

Fatback 18" frame
Hadleys and Uma II's
Larrys front and rear
Thomson stem, post and seat clamp.
Groovy ti luv handle, polished (by me)
Selle SLR saddle
BB7's and Avid ultimate levers (may switch to Marta sl's)
xt rear derailleur and cassette
Sram attack grip shifter
Titec foam grips
Salsa chainring.
Sram chain
Kona pedals (for now)
king headset
Race Face evolve cranks
FSA dh bottom bracket
front tube is Maxxis ultralight 26x2.1 125 gms
rear tube is Schwalbe freeride 26x3.0 185 gms

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ThreeD said:
I really like those rims ya got there.
Thanks, Speedway built Uma II's with their Hadley hubs. I was shocked when I opened up the box.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,585 Posts
rmb said:
Oh well, so much for build progress photos.

Fatback 18" frame
Hadleys and Uma II's
Larrys front and rear
Thomson stem, post and seat clamp.
Groovy ti luv handle, polished (by me)
Selle SLR saddle
BB7's and Avid ultimate levers (may switch to Marta sl's)
xt rear derailleur and cassette
Sram attack grip shifter
Titec foam grips
Salsa chainring.
Sram chain
Kona pedals (for now)
king headset
Race Face evolve cranks
FSA dh bottom bracket
front tube is Maxxis ultralight 26x2.1 125 gms
rear tube is Schwalbe freeride 26x3.0 185 gms
WHOA! That bike is TITS!!! :thumbsup: Nice pictures!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts