Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing our used bookstore and bought this potential gem.

I did a search on this forum, and found info on the magazines, but not the book. I wish I found this a few months earlier when the weather was worse and I was deeper in my recovery from hip surgery. Surprisingly this was published in 2014. Looks like $15 well spent. Does anyone have this, care to offer their opinions of the book?

·
Rippin da fAt
8,567 Posts
Good load of history in those pages! Cobbling a newsboy back in the '60s and '70s was awesome. Fire roads would never be the same. I ran a kickback two speed for a long time, then went with a three speed for their simplicity and reliability. The old Schwinn knobby is a fond, fond memory.

·
Cycologist
7,539 Posts
You did find this, right?

Reactions: b rock

·
Rippin da fAt
8,567 Posts
We were referred to as stoners on bikes by the roadie set. Would be decades before they infiltrated the dirt scene.

·
On wuss patrol
5,048 Posts
You might wanna check this out, also. The whole film, that is. Available on Amazon.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Charlie is local to me ,seemed like a good guy when I met him .You have a hard time finding more info from anywhere about how and why mountain biking got started.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have an opportunity to ride Repack in a couple weeks, but I was about to pass it up for the more modern trails, since I have a limited amount of time, but this has me thinking...
However, I don't think this is the best time of year for a local to ride a steep doubletrack just for historical reasons, given how dry things are out here right now.

The book I need to read though! And maybe even a signed copy...

·
Life's a Garden, dig it!
4,255 Posts
Charlie hangs out here once in awhile. He's Repack Rider

1 - 11 of 11 Posts