Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to to the fat tire festival race at dryer............I have never raced before and im not sure what level course to do.

I can do all of the hard trails and feel comfrotable doing them. I just dont know if I should do the beginers course or the competitive because I have never done a race before.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
8 Posts
fat tire race

Hey,

Check out this site: www.tryonbike.com

Go to the forum, sign up for free and you'll be able to ask a crowd that will answer your question with expert advise. A lot of IMBA patrollers are members and frequent the forum.

Happy trails!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Are you racing for fun or are you racing to win? I'd suggest going out and racing the competitive course if you can already ride most of the trails. There's not going to be anything in there that is not truly going to be unrideable.

I'm sure it will be tough, but you are paying a massive $30 buck, so you might as well ride as long as you can!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The courses are on the website too, so you can go pre-ride the hard course and see if it's for you.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If you can ride the competitive course, race it! It's a time trial, so you will have riders starting one minute behind and one minute before you, so there won't be any head to head racing or anything like that. If you catch the person in front of you they should let you pass if you ask, and if the person behind you catches you, you should allow them to pass, since you are either 1 minute up or down on the rider, so you aren't really competeing against them anymore.
I didn't realize it was $30, wasn't it $20 last year? I still didn't get my T-shirt and I pre-registered last year - those bastards!:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.