Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ohhhh Yeahhhhh....

otis24 said:
Is anyone planning on racing the Fat Tire Classic in Farmington this weekend?
Can't freaking wait for it!!!! I did not get to do last weekends race, so will be using this weekend to test if I have improved over last year (I race SM 30-39). I am looking forwards to comparing how it is organized this year as part of the root 66 series compared to the last few years as part of the ct series. I love this race as it is a great opener; not too technically demanding which is just what I need after spending the weekend on a stationairy bike. I wonder if I'll miss not watching a movie while I pedal???

I heard that last weekends race conditions were beyond Brutal!! My brother, who raced the Expert men 30-39 class (and who incidentally finished third, which coming from the sports class last year is pretty freaking good! GO BRO...), said it was the muddiest race he has ever done, beating hands done any Meadow Muffin Mudness races...

·
Registered
265 Posts
DBomb said:
How many showed up for that one? I was in class so I couldn't go. Were the conditions as horrible as I imagined?
I think there were about 150 racers total. There were some changes based on the weather (like Sport class only did two laps, and Expert did four). Conditions were pretty foul but I was glad afterward that I had done it. I just felt bad for my bike . . . and my feet. :eek:

·
Registered
267 Posts
bellullabob said:
I heard that last weekends race conditions were beyond Brutal!! My brother, who raced the Expert men 30-39 class (and who incidentally finished third, which coming from the sports class last year is pretty freaking good! GO BRO...), said it was the muddiest race he has ever done, beating hands done any Meadow Muffin Mudness races...
Thanks bro! Like you said, it was pretty insane out there. I completely wore out a brand new pair of pads on my disc brakes (was using steel on steel for the last 1.5 laps). Anyone who's curious can check my link below for a little race report from that event. See you all out there today, the weather is going to be kick a$$...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.