Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
aka bOb
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys last question for awhile. Does anyone have the true erd for a Fat Sheba rim? It is listed as both 534 or 539 depending on the site. I have a built up set and it's hard to measure with the hub in the way but I get 534 roughly.

Thanks.....Bob

·
How much does it weigh?
1,169 Posts
It will be different depending on drilling.

I went with the ERD on their website... got perfect spoke length for my Fatback hubs.

·
Registered
39 Posts

I used 534 with my Salsa rear / Surly front hubs (both 45 flange diameter, 38.5 center to flange center) and it worked fine with 261 spokes all around.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum(done a lot of reading, though :) ). Currently building up a Salsa Mukluk.I am beginning with the wheels.
I am uncertain of the spoke length.
I have bought 2 Fat Sheba rims, non-offset with the Salsa 170mm rear hub and Surly 135 mm disk hub (qr-version). Previous poster indicates that 261 mm spoke length is okay. Can anyone please verify this? And is this with 12 mm nipples?

·
How much does it weigh?
1,169 Posts
I used 260mm spokes with my Fatback hubs.

Good luck finding 261mm commonly available.

I'd say 261 is too long though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for answering. Are the fatback hubs the same dimension as the salsa and surly hub?
I can order 261 spokes from a webshop.

I usually stick to rims and hubs where I am certain of the correct spoke length. With the fat rims I am in a new territory, though. :)

·
aka bOb
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think 261 is too long! I believe I used 258 for the front Surly Fat Sheba combo (260 might be ok though) Not sure on your rear set-up.

·
aka bOb
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! Which ERD did you use?
Still a bit uncertain. Somebody must have built these wheels before? :)
I did build that front wheel just can't remember:madman:. I must have used the erd that came out to 259mm and I had 258's So that's what I used.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update:
I went with 259 for the front wheel, seems a little bit short so 260 would have been better.
For the rear wheel(salsa hub) I am gonna use 260mm.
I measured the Salsa hub to 58 flange, Driveside 44 and NDS 39, center to flange

1 - 11 of 11 Posts