Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bicyclist
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nope not a Fat chance but this bike is kind of retro. I bought some Schwalbe Fat Frank 2.35" cream colored tires for my KHS Fleetwood. They fit fine and look very cool I think. Technically they are based on the Big Apple tires but they have a different tread design. I haven't tried riding them yet because it's rainy and I wanted to take some better pics before they get all grimy. I love the Big Apples I have for my 29"er though. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
looks great...but IMHO an aluminum seatpost would look better. Matches the rest of the bike better. but thats nitpicking...I like it!

·
Bicyclist
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stan4bikes said:
looks great...but IMHO an aluminum seatpost would look better. Matches the rest of the bike better. but thats nitpicking...I like it!
Thanks and I agree. It came with a polished aluminum stem and seatpost which looked great but they were both too short. The effective top tube length is a very short 21.7" and the seatpost didn't have enough insertion left when raised to the level I needed.

In trying to get longer parts, I found that it's surprisingly time consuming to find polished aluminum parts these days unless they're pretty low end parts. Nearly everything available is black. I do have a silver Thomson post that I think I'll swap out with the black Interloc on this bike though. The white 150 mm stem is a little long for me too so I'd still love to find a nice 135-140 mm polished stem (ideally in 15 degree rise) for this bike.

Attachments

·
Bicyclist
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, it's a great rider too.

Elevation12 said:
Nice bike Tom!
The only thing is that the Nexus 7 hub with roller brake is pretty heavy. I weighed the rear wheel when the tires were off and the whole assembly with rim strip was 3010 grams! Still the hub has been completely trouble and maintenance free so far and it's a 1998 model bought in 2000.

·
Bird watcher
877 Posts
You can make that post silver. Just go to the hardware store and get some lye. Put a few tablespoons of it in a tub big enough for the seatpost and watch the black just wash off. Then polish it with some mothers. If the interloc logo is painted on it wont even effect that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.