Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not my ad.

I emailed about the frame but missed the part about being a medium/LARGE. Too big for me at 5'7". Paint is rough but nothing that Spectrum couldn't fix.

Thought I'd pass it on since he pulled the initial ad based on my interest and I bailed on the guy. So, essentially, it's my score that I'm passing on.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:nono: (Hand slap duly noted)

I realize I'm breaking etiquette here slightly but I felt I owed it to this seller since I agreed to buy the frame but then bailed because of my error reading the post. Just trying to make things right by him since it's not an Ebay auction and its been up for a day.

Sorry for the breach in etiquette everyone but karma wins out.

·
Registered
547 Posts
well done latic
I'll personally help you junk punch anyone one of those clowns crying about outing craigslist. Who cares really? I still can't come up with a valid reason why you shouldn't give call outs on bikes if the bike is a rare find, and a sweet deal.

·
1,529 Posts
SicBith said:
I'll personally help you junk punch anyone one of those clowns crying about outing craigslist. Who cares really? I still can't come up with a valid reason why you shouldn't give call outs on bikes if the bike is a rare find, and a sweet deal.
This is the kind of post that makes me want to kick puppies. It may not mean sh!t when you're in a pretty inactive area, but if you're dealing with stuff in SFbay, Denver, Boston, NY, you alreay have to battle the masses, and outing stuff brings the high rollers from the interweb into the game. Are you going to sell me your item a craigslist bargain when some dude off the net just offered you twice your asking price plus shipping?

·
Registered
547 Posts
That's capitalism at it's finest, move to Cuba if you don't like it. I'm in one of those active areas, and believe me it is very price competitive on all selling platforms (internet, brick&mortar, and classifieds) Bottom line is the seller wants to sell it at a lower market price it will go faster than if the seller is asking for above market price. Do you homework instead of kicking puppies like crazy insane people, you might even find a better deal than market value. Especially in those areas you mentioned.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
SicBith said:
well done latic
Can't say I've missed you in this forum.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
SicBith said:
well done latic
because by turning a bunch of people on to it, it no longer remains a sweet deal most of the time. The general philosophy of the forum is that people who spend the time looking for deals deserve to reap the benefits of the effort. Is that really difficult for you to think of?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.