Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember a few years ago when word got out here that Wal-Mart was selling a 29er called the Genesis? Some people thought that was proof that 29er bikes were no longer for the chosen few and that it's now a big fad. Well, behold, the Mongoose Beast fat bike at Toys r Us! No longer for the privileged or elite or hardcore mtber.

2014-04-12 19.30.08.jpg

2014-04-12 19.29.52.jpg

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,683 Posts
Remember a few years ago when word got out here that Wal-Mart was selling a 29er called the Genesis? Some people thought that was proof that 29er bikes were no longer for the chosen few and that it's now a big fad. Well, behold, the Mongoose Beast fat bike at Toys r Us! No longer for the privileged or elite or hardcore mtber.

View attachment 886247

View attachment 886253
This is actually pretty cool, I will look for one in my local Wally-world. I've seen 29" tires at Walmart, too. Good to know if you find out the morning of your ride that a tire has a slash in it. Our Walmart is open 24-7, so you can hit it up on the way to the ride.

And yes, I know Walmart is evil.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'd guess it'll be the bargain leader in the $$$ per pound category.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I see no brakes? Must be coaster style? I wonder how much, if not too pricey it may make a decent winter beater with chains?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts