Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have my 65mm carbon 32 spoke hole rims. I already have my hope fatsno hubs 150x15 front 32 hole and 197 x12 rear 32 hole. I have silver brass sapim nips and washers. I have not purchased my spokes yet. I will be using dt swiss dt comp or dt race comp spokes. I just really wanted to get some thoughts on spokes and lacing patterns. Not worried about light weight. Just a good no nonsense wheel set that will take the abuse they are about to get.

·
This place needs an enema
17,091 Posts
I already have my 65mm carbon 32 spoke hole rims. I already have my hope fatsno hubs 150x15 front 32 hole and 197 x12 rear 32 hole. I have silver brass sapim nips and washers. I have not purchased my spokes yet. I will be using dt swiss dt comp or dt race comp spokes. I just really wanted to get some thoughts on spokes and lacing patterns. Not worried about light weight. Just a good no nonsense wheel set that will take the abuse they are about to get.
Comps are great. 2x or 3x is fine.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,208 Posts
3x revolutions/lasers. Don't think I've ever had a problem from my fat-wheels (knock on wood). They definitely get abused and are not "soft-snow-only". The fat rims are so wide that they impact a massive amount of stiffness IME, you can lighten up the spokes a bit and not sacrifice anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.