Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I should have liiked down a few threads regarding frame vs hub spacing. but anyone know about 12mm vs 10mm bolt on vs QR?

I am researching buying my first fatbike. I have a list of options for frames, rims cranks but what about hubs?

Which fatbike use which rear hubs? And what axle diameter is being used 10mm or 12mm?

I know the pugsley uses 135mm x 10mm

But what about the others? Also for the frames running 12mm is it QR, bolted or Maxle?

I love the Maxle setup (I have a maxle fork) but is anyone using it?

·
Registered
564 Posts
I know that Vicious has done some custom maxle rear ends for people (not necessarially fat bikes) but I'm not sure about the other manufacturers.

It would be worth a call to them if you are really wanting a maxle.

·
meh....
3,588 Posts
all the fatbikes I know of (pugsley, fatback ti and al, 907 ti and al) use QR (10mm) rear hubs. i don't know if any of those hubs are convertible to 10mm thru bolt. the hadley might be, but i've never seen any convert parts for it. i doubt the others are convertible.

12mm maxle? only one i've seen with that is THE custom Smoots built for mikesee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.