Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_2328.jpg After being off bikes for 10 years or so, I w IMG_2329.jpg as in need of a "messing around" bike. I have a Jamis Supernova (cross bike) to train on, but I can't ride it slowly enough to ride in the cul-de-sac with my boys (2 and 5). After looking around on this and various forums, I decided on a fat bike. I ended up with a 2014 Moonlander, and I can see what all the hype is about. These things are a blast! After playing with my boys and their bikes last night, I am still smiling.

I love the fact that you don't have to wheelie to ride up on a curb... I love coming off a small jump and bouncing like a monster truck... I love the look on people's faces when they see the tires...

I think my mental age may have just shrunken down to my boys' ages. I feel like a kid riding his first bike again! Can't wait to get home today and call out the neighbors/kids to ride!

·
1,711 Posts
Congrats. Now find some time to get out on the trails by yourself and REALLY explore! They are really fun anywhere and everywhere. See if you can find any ATV trails or things like that in your area... sand/gravel pits, etc. They are all really fun on a fat bike.

Enjoy!

·
1,711 Posts
Remember, keep the tire pressure low for more fun :thumbsup:

Also (you're going to get the armchair mechanic stuff now) - you're seat looks really low. Did you do the "heel on pedal, leg fully extended" length check?

·
Rocking on a Rocky
1,637 Posts
Remember, keep the tire pressure low for more fun :thumbsup:

Also (you're going to get the armchair mechanic stuff now) - you're seat looks really low. Did you do the "heel on pedal, leg fully extended" length check?
Seat is low or he grabbed a bike that is a little big?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seat is really low... the wife had just gotten finished riding. I'm afraid that she may have liked it too much. There may have to be one in the future for her, too. I'm going to steer her towards Walmart and say, "look at the pretty colors you can choose from!"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or, just know that it will be ridden twice and put away, because it made her sweat...:)

Love my wife. Know her too well!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the fat world. It's awesome. It's gonna change your riding world forever. I ride mine year round... My 29er doesn't see much life anymore.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the fat world. It's awesome. It's gonna change your riding world forever. I ride mine year round... My 29er doesn't see much life anymore.
i've been fat for just about 2 months. The snow is mostly gone here but today I found that my FatBoy climbs better than my 29er on dirt because I get virtually no rear wheel spin and the bike is no heavier. Anyone want to buy a 29er?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Get used to being insanely popular with kids under age 13. I get many, many comments from that demographic on how awesome my Mukluk is.

I also get a fair number of compliments about its gold color from women age 45-55...

No other bike I own gets as many random compliments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts