Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Ontario Canada and would love to ride all year round. I've recently moved into a new house which is right next to my local trail network. Knowing virtually nothing about fat bikes other than that they're mountain bikes with bigger tires, I really have no idea what to look for in a fat bike or what to expect.

Since I'm also purchasing a brand new Gravel bike for the spring, my budget really can't exceed $1000. Thinking a used fat bike would be my best option.

Wondering if you guys can help me figure out what my best options would be, maybe some tips on what to look for in a fat bike, and what I can expect riding in the snow on a Fatbike!

·
turtles make me hot
11,672 Posts
You won't be able to wipe the smile off your face, that's for sure. See if you can find a used Surly. That should meet your price point and still get you something decent.

If you could stretch your budget to 1500 dollars, you could get a Surly Wednesday and get excellent tubeless wheels. That's really the biggest thing, in my opinion. Quality rims.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.