Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Nissan pathfinder 2013 and looking to replace it in the near future.

Right now I am able to put my Trek Farley 5 (2018) into it with one of the back seat up no problem (with the front wheel still installed.

What other SUV would a fat bike fit inside with the front wheel still installed?

Share your experience.

Thank you!

·
Rocking on a Rocky
1,658 Posts
My Farley fits in my Escape both back seats down or one seat with front wheel off.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Fat bike fits in my Rav4 with one back seat flat and a child seat in the other back seat.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Highlander is similar to your Pathfinder as far as bike fit goes.

Why not take some measurements of the inside of your Pathfinder when configured to carry a bike. Then take a tape measure shopping.

·
Rippin da fAt
10,283 Posts
I currently have a Nissan pathfinder 2013 and looking to replace it in the near future.

Right now I am able to put my Trek Farley 5 (2018) into it with one of the back seat up no problem (with the front wheel still installed.

What other SUV would a fat bike fit inside with the front wheel still installed?

Share your experience.

Thank you!
Simplified approach, take your bike car shopping. Letting a bike choose the car will make the dealer scratch their heads in disbelief but what better way to ensure fitment... Real world testing reveals unseen constraints that a measuring tape might miss.

Buyer: Well, the bike hasta fit!
Dealer: Are you serious?
Buyer: As a heart attack...

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Never had a problem fitting a bike in my Suburbans.

Or a couch, refrigerator, motorcycle...

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,775 Posts
Honda Pilot, swallows either of my large fat-bikes with large tires no problem. 2nd and 3rd row seating fold totally flat, makes for a big cargo area. Being able to transport it inside in the winter is an important advantage for me. They are bigger than they look IMO, since the older ones look like a swollen CR-V.

I'd be very suspicious of claims with smaller vehicles, IMO significant monkey motion is needed and with studded tires you tend to rip up the interior pretty fast. Get a little grease on seats and interior and it'll never come out. I lay down a giant blanket and do some towels, but there's enough space to do this without getting danger-close to the walls/sides. I wouldn't want anything smaller than this (for this purpose).

It's also quite literally the most non-descript vehicle ever. I never even noticed them before, and now I notice they are like 1 in every 10 vehicles. If you are going to rob a bank, get a grey honda pilot.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Simplified approach, take your bike car shopping...
I took car seats into the dealership when my kids were younger. Was interested in finding the smallest vehicle that could adequately fit them and adults in front seats comfortably. Went from car to car. Salesmen were shocked and I eventually had a following of other parents looking on and taking notes of my findings.

Clean your bike before going in and it should be fine.

·
since 4/10/2009
34,327 Posts
I rented one the other week, huge! Drove nice though.
I drove a 4wd one for the USFS a bunch of years ago. Not my favorite vehicle for driving on narrow, rugged forest roads. I high centered it out in the middle of BFE. Thank goodness it was equipped with a high lift jack and some shovels and such so my crew and I could get ourselves unstuck without having to rely on a very embarrassing radio call.

·
Rippin da fAt
10,283 Posts
I drove a 4wd one for the USFS a bunch of years ago. Not my favorite vehicle for driving on narrow, rugged forest roads. I high centered it out in the middle of BFE. Thank goodness it was equipped with a high lift jack and some shovels and such so my crew and I could get ourselves unstuck without having to rely on a very embarrassing radio call.
Proper gear for the activity is not an option! Lest ya wanna call a backcountry extriaction service that charges a premium to do the deed.

I took car seats into the dealership when my kids were younger. Was interested in finding the smallest vehicle that could adequately fit them and adults in front seats comfortably. Went from car to car. Salesmen were shocked and I eventually had a following of other parents looking on and taking notes of my findings.

Clean your bike before going in and it should be fine.
Makes sense but did your bike wear a seatbelt?
Mud and drama free riding is good stuff! 300k on the 4Runner and goin strong.

·
turtles make me hot
11,663 Posts
I have a Suburban. My XL bikes will fit in the back with only the third row folded down or removed.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts