Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hodag on both ends or something else?

Need to boot my fatbike for upcoming long bikepacking trip (mix of mountain gravel roads and double-tracks). Currently have gnarwal/hodag combo but gnarwal is a bit of overkill for this (grip is insane though).

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I have 44mm 27.5 rims, I can't go beyond 3.8 tires. If I wanted to go full fat I probably could just install my winter 26" wheels with shwalbe JJ for best fat rolling possible.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maxxis Minion 27.5 x 3.8. The came stock on the Wozo I just picked up a few weeks back. I haven't had a whole lot of time on the bike yet, but, at 12-15 psi I'm not noticing a lot of difference between these and the tires on my old Fuel EX as far as hardpack dirt is concerned. They roll extremely well and I haven't even pulled the tubes yet.

·
This place needs an enema
17,091 Posts
Maxxis Minion 27.5 x 3.8. The came stock on the Wozo I just picked up a few weeks back. I haven't had a whole lot of time on the bike yet, but, at 12-15 psi I'm not noticing a lot of difference between these and the tires on my old Fuel EX as far as hardpack dirt is concerned. They roll extremely well and I haven't even pulled the tubes yet.
I think it's all relative. Those tires roll like cinder blocks compared to Hodag's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.