Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am building a new bike. It is a black X-caliber and I am trying to decide whether to put white brakes on it or not...

Stupid question I know but damn I want it to stick out but not be ugly.

Thoughts?

·
Don't be a sheep
3,442 Posts
jhhubb said:
Ok so I am building a new bike. It is a black X-caliber and I am trying to decide whether to put white brakes on it or not...

Stupid question I know but damn I want it to stick out but not be ugly.

Thoughts?
It's a 29'er...it's always going to be ugly.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
White has been and gone....

I always now go with plain colours on components and pop things with a coloured frame...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kind of what I thought. Damn my whole bike is going to be black...I guess it will be Ninja like.

Hmmm....what to do

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same price for both...

Whafe you may be right maybe a little customization with anodized parts might be the way to go.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I take it the white trend is not widely accepted within the "29er trend" huh...Good to know since I am a new convert into the "29er trend"

·
Fat & Single
4,176 Posts
Whafe said:
White has been and gone....

I always now go with plain colours on components and pop things with a coloured frame...
And matching orange forks ..... then the old boring Ti coloured parts made of Ti ;)

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
rydbyk said:
white weighs less...go with white:p
Actually, if you check weights on wheels, (slightly off topic) the white powder coat weighs more. Would it be unreasonable to extrapolate that white brakes would also weigh more?

To the OP. It's black and white. Easy decision.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.