Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Gabe.....
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, what a sick trail.........:madman: Did a little DD prep ride and now I know that it's gonna hurt........BAD. Last year it all started with Farlow.....:madmax:

Attachments

·
Category Winner
6,096 Posts
Smokebikes said:
That "vid" is SICK! Respect. And best fixie team time for the weekend gets a pair of Smokes..........so tell the capt. and bring it on!
Are we talking about BEST looking, BEST performance, BEST outfit, BEST bikes, BEST performance of a fixie in a supporting role....?

Gimme some rules.
Not sure if I9 will get our wheels to us by then anyhoo, and I doubt I wanna roll my 17T Tomicog for 24 hours in Pisgah.

·
Registered
864 Posts
More

Both folks have to ride fixed( no flip-flop, unless both sides are fixed to give 2 gears). The team has to ride both days fixed but you can use a different bike on each day.
The team with the higest ranking wins 2 Smoke fixie frames.
If 4 teams enter fixed and Smoke is dead last then the #1 team gets 2 frames NOT each team that beats us.
We are not really worried though cause only Janet and Karl are willing to step on up and Karl will blow up on day 2 on a fixie.
TD and Underpant Morgan on fixies for 2 days....bwaaaahaaaaa. Mr Morgan was about to blow up after 2 hours in Bent Creek on Gabes Bike....
Like Gabe said... Bring It.
Think how awful you will feel when the Smoke Blowers make you look bad,er ugly,er sexy..:eekster:

·
Category Winner
6,096 Posts
thadthetroll said:
TD and Underpant Morgan on fixies for 2 days....bwaaaahaaaaa. Mr Morgan was about to blow up after 2 hours in Bent Creek on Gabes Bike....
Like Gabe said... Bring It.
So I asked Mr Undermorgan if he wanted to take a coupla fixie frames off your hands. He thinks it would be brilliant.

We are currently looking into the options now. Being that I currently have more frames than parts to build up frames laying around I'm kinda scratching my head (and other body parts) thinking about what to do...

I was kinda looking forward to having fun.

·
Gabe.....
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've already got Morgans.................he's been agonizing over a project for over a year now. Here's more or less what they will look like..........except for the hanger and brake bosses on one of them. As far as throwing a bike together fixed........remember it has to hold up for the whole weekend.......DNF's suck! :madman:

Attachments

·
Registered
864 Posts
teamdicky said:
Do you want our frame sizing info now, or do we wait till it's official?

Why do you assume that we would build your bike to fit you if you did win. We never said anything about what size it would be....
Im thinking something like a 3"wheelbase or so and possibly a 1" chainstay so you could squeeze a 3/4" wheel in it...:D

·
Category Winner
6,096 Posts
thadthetroll said:
teamdicky said:
Do you want our frame sizing info now, or do we wait till it's official?

Why do you assume that we would build your bike to fit you if you did win. We never said anything about what size it would be....
Im thinking something like a 3"wheelbase or so and possibly a 1" chainstay so you could squeeze a 3/4" wheel in it...:D
That sounds about on par with my custom experience.

·
Category Winner
6,096 Posts
It's on like Jason's thong.

I just got off the phone with Capt Underpants.
He's down with the sickness and ready to hand some asses back to those who need their respective asses handed back to them.

FF at the DD.

(Fjixed Fjear at the Double Dare)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Whaaa-hooo

Alright now boyz and girlz..it seems 3 fixie teams are DD'ing it already.
I wonder if a 4th team is lurking in the darkness.
Im really looking forward to Undermorgan forgetting he is on a fixie for a millisecond and then BAMM,Destruction,Carnage.....it`s going to be fun so i guess i should start riding a little bit...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts