Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Less yappin, more Brappin
789 Posts
Ts

talking with the weather guys here at work, they forecast that it might thunderstorm over San Jose this afternoon. possible heavy downpours come with those. damn.

geoffss (aviation nerd)

·
Paper or plastic?
10,620 Posts
jrm said:
Now but it was pissin this morning..but still kinda glad i didnt ride into work today..
On my way to work, saw a guy riding his road bike (to work I assumed) in pissing rain down in San Jose. That's dedication!!

·
gimme friction
1,135 Posts
I rode China Camp yesterday afternoon

in the worst of the weather, at least in the east/north bay.

I rode the standard front side loop, and things were pretty mellow until I reached the highest part of Bayview, and the sky absolutely opened up. Within minutes, there was 2-5 inches of running water on the trail, and the last of my unsoaked body was soaked.

By the time I got to the rangers' residence, I decided to bail out to the road so as not to inflict undue damage to the trails. Buy hey, all the water diversion channels on Shoreline were working like champs!

Best part of the day: not a singe hiker, biker or equestrian to be seen.

Should be dry Friday and Saturday...looking for a ride at either Annadel or Tamarancho Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Trail Punk said:
I'll take global warming if it means sunny skies and warm temps.
I'll take a rainy day here and there over 118 degree days (Concord, 2yrs ago, hottest i've ever seen it in the bay), dusty trails, and no shade. Having to refill your 100oz camelbak after only 2 hours of riding.. being forced to ride a trail at night because it's just to hot during the day.. No, I'll take a little mid week rain if it means a milder summer for sure. Have patience my man, good things are on the way

·
gimme friction
1,135 Posts
Hells yes

biggz said:
I'll take a rainy day here and there over 118 degree days (Concord, 2yrs ago, hottest i've ever seen it in the bay), dusty trails, and no shade. Having to refill your 100oz camelbak after only 2 hours of riding.. being forced to ride a trail at night because it's just to hot during the day.. No, I'll take a little mid week rain if it means a milder summer for sure. Have patience my man, good things are on the way
I couldn't agree more.

Personally, I feel like we've had spring since late February. The rain just keeps everything green that much longer.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
i gots my rain coat on, i gots my shovels, picks and rake ready, im about to go build some jumps, form some drops, who cares if its pouring, thats when its time to shape crap out, get an idea of how things goinna shape up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.