Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
That would explain why their chain rings (that i absolutely LOVE and have been using on my bikes for ever) have been out of stock and back ordered everywhere.
sad day .I loved Race Face .Great Canadian company!
I will be searching in my tool chest drawer and pulling out my Race Face sew-on patch from the early 90's and sewing it onto something out of respect .

·
Registered
788 Posts
Braids said:
I wonder if it had anything to do with Lambert not distributing them anymore. Another argument for us to get rid of the distributors in Canada.
Maybe it had something to do with MEC distributing them. Maybe we should get rid of MEC.

(I don't really believe this, but MEC is the only reason Lambert dropped them)

Also, losing the entire Canadian market is kinda like a 10% drop in US sales, so I doubt it would have killed the company.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Braids said:
I wonder if it had anything to do with Lambert not distributing them anymore. Another argument for us to get rid of the distributors in Canada.
Lambert stopped Selling RF because RF went behind their back and started selling to MEC directly. It's not very smart to go into competition with your customer. Lambert was buying from RF and distributing for them. By selling to MEC directly RF was competing with lambert.

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
it is distributors like Lambert

that drive prices through the roof. Why wouldn't RF or anyone else for that matter be able to sell directly to retailers and save a couple of bucks?

It is too bad that if anyone goes bankrupt - the distributors will go the last, if at all, as they have few brands to suck on...

I do agree with VY - Canadian market doesn't mean much to RF, compared to USA. Lambert can not be the sole reason...

I love RF. We will miss them, for sure.

Dover said:
Lambert stopped Selling RF because RF went behind their back and started selling to MEC directly. It's not very smart to go into competition with your customer. Lambert was buying from RF and distributing for them. By selling to MEC directly RF was competing with lambert.

·
Registered
819 Posts
veteran_youth said:
Maybe it had something to do with MEC distributing them. Maybe we should get rid of MEC.

Also, losing the entire Canadian market is kinda like a 10% drop in US sales, so I doubt it would have killed the company.
I don't think MEC acted as a middle man and set prices at prices at levels that would encourage people to buy from online stores from the US like most Canadian distributors do. I could be wrong, but looking at MEC's prices I don't think I am.

10% of sales could have been all it took.

Anyway, it I think we'll hear more next week on what really happened at RF.

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
veteran_youth said:

It had nothing to do with the MEC deal. There was a lot of other factors.

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unglued said:
I guess making chain rings and bottom brackets that last three times as long as the competition's is not a sustainable business model. Too bad.
Yet Hope does this and they succeed. And all they do is CNC their own stuff that lasts forever it seems.

·
mtbr Decade+
1,545 Posts
Misfit should snap up their assets.

Like On-One did to Titus.

Cranks were high on the Misfit wishlist, I just know it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.