Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buds and me had this tradition Friday Afternoon Rides on National, that was a social pace and lots of trying trials, more or less up and down National to BV and back.

my buds have all gotten fat, or preoccupied, or are going to Flag this weekend...;) ;)

rolling from 48th about 5p on Friday, looking forward to having a good time by myself or with some company, washing off the work-week as it were. i am bringing armor and gobs of water and plan to throw my bike at stuff til i make it up and down!!!

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
chollaball said:
my buds and me had this tradition Friday Afternoon Rides on National, that was a social pace and lots of trying trials, more or less up and down National to BV and back.

my buds have all gotten fat, or preoccupied, or are going to Flag this weekend...;) ;)

rolling from 48th about 5p on Friday, looking forward to having a good time by myself or with some company, washing off the work-week as it were. i am bringing armor and gobs of water and plan to throw my bike at stuff til i make it up and down!!!
113 degrees tomorrow. :eek:

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CactusJoe said:
113 degrees tomorrow. :eek:
then we shall fight in the shade...

PS: a set of tire levers courtesy of Skinny-Tire for whomever can get the reference first :D

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
chollaball said:
nice use of the widemouth bladder :thumbsup:
I thought that's what the design was for...oh, and ice to keep the beer cold.
Just be sure to clean the can before you drop it in with your drinking water.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hot but fun! saw only 2 other riders, 3/4th through the ride. the heat started working me bad as the climb went on, was off my pace noticeably, 106 when i got back to the car. for some reason i climbed f''ng everything, it was about the best climb up national i've had, maybe the cooking made me more pliable and sticky :thumbsup: :cool:

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
chollaball said:
hot but fun! saw only 2 other riders, 3/4th through the ride. the heat started working me bad as the climb went on, was off my pace noticeably, 106 when i got back to the car. for some reason i climbed f''ng everything, it was about the best climb up national i've had, maybe the cooking made me more pliable and sticky :thumbsup: :cool:
I thought about you as I rolled thru the parking lot around 6:30PM on my way home from work last night. I rather like riding slowly in the extreme heat - it's a woman-against-nature thing, a battle within that I can control with fitness and conditioning and preparation. I managed to get in 4 days of bike commuting this week, the hottest week of the year! I'm getting used to it now and it doesn't sap my energy so much.... perhaps I earned my long drive to Flagstaff today? Hmmmm... 8 days of commuting to work by bike is the same milage as driving to Flag! Sounds like a good tradeoff to me.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DurtGurl said:
I thought about you as I rolled thru the parking lot around 6:30PM on my way home from work last night. I rather like riding slowly in the extreme heat - it's a woman-against-nature thing, a battle within that I can control with fitness and conditioning and preparation. I managed to get in 4 days of bike commuting this week, the hottest week of the year! I'm getting used to it now and it doesn't sap my energy so much.... perhaps I earned my long drive to Flagstaff today? Hmmmm... 8 days of commuting to work by bike is the same milage as driving to Flag! Sounds like a good tradeoff to me.
i hear you on the challenge part - part of why i wanted to ride and not back down from the heat. that is awesome that you are commuting so much! Get your roadie working there are some road rides in our future, i'm doing Saguaro Lake tomorrow. have fun in Flag with Reverend Higgins.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
skinny-tire said:
I did not endorse Cholla's contest, so no levers for you. We're heading out Thursday for another ride if you're interested. Going to explore some of PMP's lesser know trails.

Yes you did. You've been putting it up your whole life. You just didn't know it.

once again, a set of levers on Mr. Skinny for the first correct answer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.