Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, fellow bovines, I'm going to start the ball rolling, but please feel free to add more or improve this FAQ in any way. I almost hate to post this because the "where are the cute girl mtbiker" posts generate such hilerious responses, I almost hate to discourage them. Anyway, for better or worse, here is my offering:

Q: May I ask where the cute girls ride in such-and-such a town?
A. No. Don't even think about it. This is not a bar nor the Personals section of the local paper, and we're not here to be hit on or picked up. If you doubt me, read these threads:
Http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=34511
Http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=29270&highlight=trail+thumper
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=37281

If you do it anyway, expect to be verbally crucified, chopped up and fed to the hogs. Even the other guys who post here will show you no sympathy whatsoever.

Q: Where can I go to find female mtbikers?
A1: Check out your local bike club or shop for organized rides. Find out if there's a women's ride and use your imagination.
A2: Hang out in the WL. Lurk, read, post (other than question #1), whatever. Maybe you'll find some of us live near you, or you can read about where we ride. I am not encouraging stalking, however.

Q: Will I be forced to read posts about women's heath issues and bodily functions that may make me squeamish?
A: No one will force you to do anything, but yes, you'll find that stuff here.

Q: May I ask how to help get my wife/girlfriend/sister/SO interested in or more comfortable mountain biking?
A: Absolutely! We'd be delighted to help out.

Q: May I post or respond to posts in general?
A: Sure. Be aware that several of the regulars are equipped with sharp sarcastic wits and know how to use them. It's all in fun, unless, however, you disregard the answer to question #1.

Kathy ;^P

Mooooooooo

·
Registered
233 Posts
Here's one...

Q: Is it okay for me to ask for your advice, then once that advice is received tell you that you don't know squat and then proceed to inform you in the most condescending of writing styles/tones about how much I already know about the subject that prompted the question?

A: Absolutely freakin' NOT!!!

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
"FAQ's: A Men's Guide to the Womens Lounge "

I'm a lesbian traped in a man's body, so none of this applies to me........
BTW when are we all going to hook up for that post ride jello fight?

Ladies?..... Anyone still there?

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
Steve71 said:
"FAQ's: A Men's Guide to the Womens Lounge "

I'm a lesbian traped in a man's body, so none of this applies to me........
BTW when are we all going to hook up for that post ride jello fight?

Ladies?..... Anyone still there?
right after we get done with the trampoline pillow fight.

:D

rt

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Dunno if this is frequently asked....

but since I'm new here...

Is it always like this, the "want to meet single chick" threads that are like watching a train wreck? Is this seasonal, or a regular occurance? There seems to be a nice mix of intelligent thoughtful men onthe non-attempted pickup thread( which is always appreciated), but is the word not out that general male immaturity doesn't go over well here? Hmm, I guess not, just reading old stuff has shown me that. Obviously history is repeating itself here.

formica

·
Professional Slacker
3,271 Posts
verslowrdr said:
For the last word on "getting my SO a bike when she keeps turning me down".... may I present for our mutual edification the infamous Dude:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=260560#post260560

Sorry, I'm a sap and I can't help it.... I ADORED this story. :)
Speaking of sappy, what about the thread with the guy asking questions about dating older women, and then she mistakenly discovered the thread? That was really cute.

Rich

I might actually go through the trouble of posting a link to it later, if I can find it.

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Professional Slacker
3,271 Posts

·
Still chuggin' along
861 Posts
ROFL! Boy, between this thread and the "Hitting on boys..." thread, its a wonder I don't have my coffee coming out of my nose! Thanks for the morning wake-up laughs gals!!! :D You made my day :)

·
Code Monkey
652 Posts
Excellent ...

If the majority of you agree, I'll clean this up and make it a sticky.

Better yet ... it would be nice to get a couple lady moderators for this forum and have them manage, edit and keep the FAQ fresh. And help kill the huge threads like this. They are just knock-offs of the classics:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=29270&highlight=trail+thumper
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=34511

I'll ask Gregg and Francis why we don't have any lady moderators for this forum when they get back from lunch. Is it because no one volunteered? Or is it because no one asked?

P.S. I too an a lesbian trapped in a man's body. My avatar is that trapped lesbian.

·
Registered
681 Posts
MikeG said:
If the majority of you agree, I'll clean this up and make it a sticky.

Better yet ... it would be nice to get a couple lady moderators for this forum and have them manage, edit and keep the FAQ fresh. And help kill the huge threads like this. They are just knock-offs of the classics:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=29270&highlight=trail+thumper
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=34511

I'll ask Gregg and Francis why we don't have any lady moderators for this forum when they get back from lunch. Is it because no one volunteered? Or is it because no one asked?

P.S. I too an a lesbian trapped in a man's body. My avatar is that trapped lesbian.
I'm not a fan of the whole moderator thing. I think we manage just fine without one. If a thread is crazy bad, we know who to call to get the thing axed, but really, there hasn't been anything like that.

Otherwise, why spoil the fun?

Also, this FAQ is for fun and tongue in cheek. Not sure it needs cleaning up and stickyed. Whats with all the officialdom?

If Francis really wants a moderator here, tell him he has to beat me up the last fireroad climb. I get a headstart of course. And no using little kids as domestiques either!

Sabine

·
Code Monkey
652 Posts
Sabine said:
I'm not a fan of the whole moderator thing. I think we manage just fine without one.
Also, this FAQ is for fun and tongue in cheek. Not sure it needs cleaning up and stickyed. Whats with all the officialdom?
My bad. I wasn't sure if y'all were getting tired of the dumbass dudes that keep posting gf wanted ads or sh*t like this. My geeky nature thought it would be a nice jesture to offer authorataaay to some community members.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.