Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's another re-do

I posted this ~17 months ago. Since then, the bike's received American Classic wheels, an XTR crankset, and a nicer stem. The lad will be 13 in a few weeks, and (surprisingly) isn't wanting anything else, yet. He outclimbed the entire group yesterday on this, in some really mucky conditions, if I may brag for a moment.......:)

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=213148

·
awesome
812 Posts
My 29ers are 16" and 15.5" respectively, sorry no pics.

Also check out Lorenza Menapace page for pictures (it's in Italian), http://www.lorenzamenapace.it/ . She's about 4'9, got a 5th place in the women category at the 2007 24h of Moab, first race ever on a 29er, a stock niner emd. She chose not to race her own 26er because she was doing faster times on the emd. She had never been on a 29er until a few days before the race, therefore she knew nothing about them, including that 29ers are for tall people only and she's not supposed to go faster on one :D

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
dblspeed said:
My 29ers are 16" and 15.5" respectively, sorry no pics.

Also check out Lorenza Menapace page for pictures (it's in Italian), https://www.lorenzamenapace.it/ . She's about 4'9, got a 5th place in the women category at the 2007 24h of Moab, first race ever on a 29er, a stock niner emd. She chose not to race her own 26er because she was doing faster times on the emd. She had never been on a 29er until a few days before the race, therefore she knew nothing about them, including that 29ers are for tall people only and she's not supposed to go faster on one :D
She looks taller than 4'9" and is that a special sized EMD for her? The front end looks to be different - but maybe that's what a small sized EMD looks like?

great looking bike and rider too! :thumbsup:

·
awesome
812 Posts
Yeah I think she looks kind of cute too. I'm not sure about her height though, she might look taller than 4'9, 151cm., because of her figure. You'd have to go check yourself at the 2008 Moab to be sure :cool:

·
Student of the Bike
779 Posts
Here are a few (customer supplied) pics of a frame we did for someone 5'3". I don't recall what the ST length is because ETT is what I use to size the bike. Her ETT was 22.8" and her bar drop was zero (equal to her seat height). This was important to her to prevent the "sit up and beg" position.

·
Tucson, AZ
623 Posts
DurtGurl said:
Devin's first small Lenzsport Behemoth.... Top tube is 22.8" and standover is 29.6" at the lowest spot by the saddle. I am 5'7", wear 33" inseam jeans, and have little extra room on this bike so this "small" frame is defintely not for a tiny person.
Sweet ride! I think I might have seen you out on the trail a few weeks ago, have you been on Milagrosa at all this month? ;)

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
chadfbrown said:
Sweet ride! I think I might have seen you out on the trail a few weeks ago, have you been on Milagrosa at all this month? ;)
Why yes... I have been on Milagrosa within the past month on my new ride :D We (me and Orange) have also been spotted on Corona Loma, Geromino, Holbert, Goat Camp, Pass Mountain... Unfortunately my new-bike love affair came to an abrupt halt when I lifted a 600-lb cactus (not sure how heavy, but definitely too heavy) on Jan 1. Time will hopefully heal this pain and I'll be back out there soon.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts