Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you Butcher owners out there would you mind telling me what size frame/stem you are running and how tall you are. Thanks

Im 5'11 gone for a Medium with a layback post, probably go for 70/80mm. Would an 80mm stem affect the handling much?

ok thanks people, just trying to get an idea.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
SC bikes tend to run a little small on the TT length......

At 6' w/ 32" inseam, I found my L Heckler to be too small, especially when I to spend any extended time having to pedal uphill.

Both the L Heckler and Butcher have the same TT.

At 5'11" I would have gone with the L, unless all you plan to do is shuttle.

·
Singletrack Slacker
192 Posts
I'm 6'2" w/32" inseam and rode a L Heckler for the last 7 yrs. I went with an XL butcher and a 70mm stem. It measures out pretty close to what my Heckler did with a 90mm stem. At your 5'11" I would agree with mtnbikej, if you have to peddle your trails a large would be better.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm 5'8" 160 pounds, and I ride a medium. I use a 50mm handlebar stem 10 degree rise (Spank), Thompson Elite no layback. I have short legs and longer upper torso, 170mm crank arms, make it a perfect fit for me. I thought even a 70mm stem was causing me to reach to far for the handlebars, if I ever get another stem it will be a 45mm.

·
2,672 Posts
I'm 6'1 and have a Large butcher on order, I plan in using a 80 mm stem. If I were 5'10", I would've gone with a medium. My last bike was an 18 inch and I needed just a little more room in the top tube.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a medium, im 5,11 with a 32. I pedal it all day without any problems.

Ive got a 50mm stem, I like my bikes small and chuckable, i have no regrets about getting the medium at all.

My last 3 bikes were all 16.5 with even shorter top tubes than a butcher, the butcher actually felt long to me for a while.

We are right in the middle of the size guide, so it depends on what you want the bike to feel like, no one can say what size you should have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.