Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with this shop???
I'm looking to buy a bike from their shop, but i would ship to New Jersey, where i live.
I'm not sure if i could trust this shop to ship an expensive bike 3000+ miles.
Should I buy froma them?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I have been to the shop a couple of times and my son has ridden for their team in the past. They are a reputable shop probably a little more down hill and all-mountain oriented than most shops but they cover the spectrum. They are pretty big and have quite a few bikes. I wouldnt have any trouble buying from them. I am pretty sure they will insure whatever they ship. There are lots of Bellingham riders here that will vouch for Fanatik.

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
Have no fear. They are top quality (and their prices refllect that ;) ). That being said, they are good and knowlegdable...and probably one of the best bike shops around.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Fanatik

Here's one more vote for Fanatik.

I have had all good experiences with the shop. One time I called the shop and before I had a chance to say who I was, the then manager said "hey Eric, hows it going." They might have had caller i.d but that was cool.

bigE

·
Registered
443 Posts
they are a great local shop in the bellingham area, and i would trust their guys to properly pack my bike for shipping anyday...you can't really go wrong w/ those guys...they are all riders, great to work with....and they are knowledgeable, which means they won't cut the cables on the bike to fit it into the box like a bike that came into the shop i work for (Gregg's) just last month...can't trust the shipping companies...fanatik will hook you up though.:thumbsup:

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
Another vote of confidence, they are a trusted local dealer. My wife and I have stopped by the shop several times when we were up that way and it is a large and well-stocked operation with a good rep.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad to hear the good reviews. How do they handle warranty issues? Do you have any problems with that, especially since I cant go to the store?

^^^ I'm not looking at drop n zone because they dont sell intense bikes.

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
FreerideMonkey7 said:
I'm glad to hear the good reviews. How do they handle warranty issues? Do you have any problems with that, especially since I cant go to the store?

^^^ I'm not looking at drop n zone because they dont sell intense bikes.
They are good with warranties...which is lucky for you (especially if you are getting an Intense ;) ).

Also, the owner and his family all ride Intense bikes.
Don't you have a LBS that sells Intense?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
geolover said:
They are good with warranties...which is lucky for you (especially if you are getting an Intense ;) ).

Also, the owner and his family all ride Intense bikes.
Don't you have a LBS that sells Intense?
I do, but Fanatik has a complete intense ss with better parts than i would get if i ordered a build from intense. (I don't have the money to buy all the parts separate and build it up myself)
Also i would have to pay tax if i bought from a lbs (but i would have to pay for shipping instead if i bought from fanatik)

Maybe i would buy from a lbs but then i would have to wait almost two months for intense to build and ship my frame. (i wanna ride:thumbsup: )

Another thing is that the wheelset on the xt build from intense is the Shimano Xt wheelset and i dont know what rims i'll buy once i trash the rims on the wheelset (its a 24 spoke wheelset). i could get deetrax's but then i would be getting a wheelset $200 cheaper without ust tubeless. If i bought from fanatik, i would get hope pro ll's with 721's. Iwould either run them ghetto tubeless or with tubes and after they're trashed i would get 823's and i would still have a pretty nice hub in the pro ll's. Not the same with either the xt wheelset or the deetrax's.

Yeah, I thought everything out. I just don't want to order the SS from Fanatik and then get it scratched or with different parts, or a completely different bike or not get a bike at all and pay all that money.

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
FreerideMonkey7 said:
I just don't want to order the SS from Fanatik and then get it scratched or with different parts, or a completely different bike or not get a bike at all and pay all that money.
Don't worry. They are a quality shop. You'll get what you pay for.

BTW, I've seen that bike in the showroom (sat on it actually)...maybe I should go down there and give it a quick spin around the block ;) . Actually, they have been selling the shiat out of those SS's. I was in there the other day and they sold two frames in about 45 minutes. Great feeling bike.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
geolover said:
BTW, I've seen that bike in the showroom (sat on it actually)...
Hmm, maybe I should reconsider. i don't want a bike that has been sat on.:skep:

Just kidding, well as long as it doesn't have any scratches or isn't damaged.:smilewinkgrin:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Fanatik is missed down here in the hood. good shop, cool employees. They carry turners! Their labor prices with retrofitting involved(grinding chainguides to make fit/work)are a bargain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.