Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and we have deciced to make it a bike vacation as well. We will be in the area in early June, and we need some info on the best rides in the area based on the current weather.

We will be coming back south so any suggestions for Leadville, Salida, ect would be appreciated. We like the epics, but being lowlanders, we don't want to get our butts kicked too bad with all day climbs at high elevations. Were experienced / self sufficent / like to let it hang out. Any info on the "not to miss rides" on the front range would be appreciated.

Oh yea...bike choice...29r hardtail or 26 full squish??? Thanks J&C

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Tex Mannz said:
and we have deciced to make it a bike vacation as well. We will be in the area in early June, and we need some info on the best rides in the area based on the current weather.

We will be coming back south so any suggestions for Leadville, Salida, ect would be appreciated. We like the epics, but being lowlanders, we don't want to get our butts kicked too bad with all day climbs at high elevations. Were experienced / self sufficent / like to let it hang out. Any info on the "not to miss rides" on the front range would be appreciated.

Oh yea...bike choice...29r hardtail or 26 full squish??? Thanks J&C
On that last question: I picked up a 29r about 3 months ago and i've been riding it a ton, leaving my Enduro at home. What would I bring here? Both...

There's a new thread about Salida tonight, I imagine the Rainbow trail would be dry by then, it's fun. As was mentioned there, check w/Absolute about conditions there.

If you're looking for more info about big rides in Boulder County, check out Ignaz's site, http://www.redstonecyclery.com/RChome.htm , he's got maps, descriptions. and most imporantly good trail condition reports. A lot of the stuff on his site can me linked together for super duper big rides. Nederland should be open about then too, a personal favorite.

Once you're closer, post again, and perhaps we could put together a ride.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Debaser said:
On that last question: I picked up a 29r about 3 months ago and i've been riding it a ton, leaving my Enduro at home. What would I bring here? Both...

There's a new thread about Salida tonight, I imagine the Rainbow trail would be dry by then, it's fun. As was mentioned there, check w/Absolute about conditions there.

If you're looking for more info about big rides in Boulder County, check out Ignaz's site, http://www.redstonecyclery.com/RChome.htm , he's got maps, descriptions. and most imporantly good trail condition reports. A lot of the stuff on his site can me linked together for super duper big rides. Nederland should be open about then too, a personal favorite.

Once you're closer, post again, and perhaps we could put together a ride.
Thanks for the info Debaser, I'm limited on bike room so I'm just gonna bring my IF and the wifes RX. I feel bad leaving the Turner at home, it may be time to put it in the ads, almost seems like I am cheating :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.