Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a camping trip with my dad, son and in-laws and I'm curious if anyone can give me some ideas as to where to go? I love the remote type camping stuff on Mt. Elden in Flag...at least I think it's Mt. Elden. My in-law has one of those bus type campers and wants to go in that...not my ideal way to go so I'll take my son out another time with the actual camping gear but it's what I have to deal with at the moment. I'm not looking for an actual 'campground' but more of a remote place. I woulnd't feel comfortable taking that bus up the gravel road in Flag, at least not to the very top.

I hope all that makes sense.

So any ideas? And if there were trails nearby, that would be cool too. I could get an early morning ride in while everyone else is sleeping. :thumbsup: This is not a make or break condition however.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'd suggest going up Ft. Valley Road, about 1.5 miles past the turnoff to Mt. Elden LO and Schultz Pass. Off of FS road 164b is plenty of camping spots. Its a nice graded road. And it is just a short bike ride to the trailhead to the Ft. Valley trail system.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Crash_FLMB said:
I'm planning a camping trip with my dad, son and in-laws and I'm curious if anyone can give me some ideas as to where to go? I love the remote type camping stuff on Mt. Elden in Flag...at least I think it's Mt. Elden. My in-law has one of those bus type campers and wants to go in that...not my ideal way to go so I'll take my son out another time with the actual camping gear but it's what I have to deal with at the moment. I'm not looking for an actual 'campground' but more of a remote place. I woulnd't feel comfortable taking that bus up the gravel road in Flag, at least not to the very top.

I hope all that makes sense.

So any ideas? And if there were trails nearby, that would be cool too. I could get an early morning ride in while everyone else is sleeping. :thumbsup: This is not a make or break condition however.
http://www.bedrockcityaz.com/

You're welcome

·
Hawes Junkie
141 Posts

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.