Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A casual Sunday bike ride and lunch for the entire family, including a modern chocolate tower and post chocolate buzzes for the girls.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Dirdir said:
Yep. http://www.auntchiladas.com/

Instead of the traditional style rice, Aunt Chilada's serves fideo, which is pasta.
Had I known you were buying, we could have ridden west today instead of east. Just think of the sugar buzz I could get from that fountain! :D

Don't think I care for the little wheel on the El Rey! Only one ride but was not all that impressed.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RogerDoger said:
Didn't someone dislike ride recaps? You topped any lame mountain bike recap by making a road ride recap...with kids. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.
Perhaps you should look up the word "sarcasm" and then recap back to me.

·
Black and Sticky
771 Posts
Best ride report I've seen in quite a while. Watch out because those two cuties will soon be breaking hearts!

Aunt Chiladas really has been going after bike folks' business. Since summer they've been setting out folding signs on all the popular roadie routes around PMP. Oops I admitted to being a part time roadie.:eek:

Bob

·
Black and Sticky
771 Posts
Dirdir said:
Yep. http://www.auntchiladas.com/

Instead of the traditional style rice, Aunt Chilada's serves fideo, which is pasta.
Yep, the Fideo is different. They also serve tostadas that are flour based as well as the traditional corn tostadas. AC's is the only place I ever had those.

·
wowarizona.com
863 Posts
Hey Mr. 'Modern Grammar', question please!

Sorry for the hijack.

a professional organization in Tucson just used a fourth photo of mine w/o permission/release/payment. They used it for promotion of their 60 anniversary and actually sent me a copy in bulk SNAIL mail.

I was shocked to retrieve my mail from my box on the street, and when flipping through it, exclaim, "hey, that's my photo!!!!!!!!" of course, no credit, no release, NOTHING

Help, please

(your kids do look like they have been sedated by chocolate)

Dirdir said:
I looked it up and joke requires humor. Your material is not even D- stuff.

·
Registered
544 Posts
C.J. said:
Sorry for the hijack.

a professional organization in Tucson just used a fourth photo of mine w/o permission/release/payment. They used it for promotion of their 60 anniversary and actually sent me a copy in bulk email.

I was shocked to retrieve my mail and when flipping through it, exclaim, "hey, that's my photo!!!!!!!!"

Help, please

Hey CJ,
I have to send cease & desist letter only once. You can google it and find some templates to adopt to your situation. Heres wikpedia's link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cease_and_desist

In any case you are the photographer, you hold the copyrights to your images(even if you don't register them). Usually a letter or email letting them know you are the photographer, giving them they're options ( payment or cease & desist) or your forwarding the letter/email to your lawyer (preferably not a JERK lawyer!).

Good luck

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
CJ how or where did they get the image. . . if you know?

From the web? If so I could help you tag your photos with metadata (easy) to make the rights known, as well as file protection of the images on and off the web. Do you post your photos to Flickr or another sharing site? Check out their privacy issues / requirements.

Another suggestion is to sell your photos as stock photos online on a site such as istockphoto.com . I've done it for a while and have had a good bit of success from it. Ive seen some of your work and I think its fantastic. I particualrly remember a recent pano post of Tucson.

G'luck. A letter to the publisher or whomever saying shut up and pay me or . . . of course in a nice legal jargon.

Cheers

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
C.J. said:
Sorry for the hijack.

a professional organization in Tucson just used a fourth photo of mine w/o permission/release/payment. They used it for promotion of their 60 anniversary and actually sent me a copy in bulk SNAIL mail.

I was shocked to retrieve my mail from my box on the street, and when flipping through it, exclaim, "hey, that's my photo!!!!!!!!" of course, no credit, no release, NOTHING

Help, please

CJ,

Going is correct. First off, your photos are copyright protected even if they are not registered, although registering copyrights can be a good idea as it can improve one's protections and/or rights. Second, from the small amount of information I have, it does appear that the organization has violated your copyright protections to the photos. While there are exceptions, it does not appear that this entity falls into one of them, although I cannot know for sure without more information. If the organization is using your photos for advertising/commercial purposes, it is almost certainly a violation.

You may want to peruse the following:

http://www.copyright.gov/
http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#504

You may be entitled to some big time statutory damages. In the least, you do need to send a cease and desist letter. You should decide how "hard" you want to handle this and proceed accordingly.

Although I have not litigated a copyright case, I do have some meaningful experience in IP law as outside counsel for a well known international tech. company. . If you want professional assistance, I can send you in the right direction. PM me if you need further help.

·
wowarizona.com
863 Posts
I send my 'cute' photos (LOL) to different people. One recipient is a 'primary' in a major bird org, here. They were told that they could use my photos for educational purposes only! Anything else, I was to be paid. Last fall, I received a printed publication/fundraising appeal with two of my photos in it. I wrote them and told them to stop using my photos.

Saturday, I retrieve the mail, and to say I was shocked to see my photo on their 'biggest most exclusive fundraising event mailer' was beyond understatement. Upon checking their website, they used another one of my photos on the pages asking for $10,000 contributions!!!!!!! That photo DOES have my name still on it. The mailer, it does not, but I have the original RAW image. They were specifically told "you get money, I get money"

EDIT: HUGE APOLOGY FOR THE THREAD-JACK
Dirdir said:
CJ,

Going is correct. First off, your photos are copyright protected even if they are not registered, although registering copyrights can be a good idea as it can improve one's protections and/or rights. Second, from the small amount of information I have, it does appear that the organization has violated your copyright protections to the photos. While there are exceptions, it does not appear that this entity falls into one of them, although I cannot know for sure without more information. If the organization is using your photos for advertising/commercial purposes, it is almost certainly a violation.

You may be entitled to some big time statutory damages. In the least, you do need to send a cease and desist letter. You should decide how "hard" you want to handle this and proceed accordingly.

Although I have not litigated a copyright case, I do have some meaningful experience in IP law as outside counsel for a well known international tech. company. . If you want professional assistance, I can send you in the right direction. PM me if you need further help.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Dirdir said:
CJ,

Dir - nice to know that legal representation is available for copyright issues. Like I said, I have not had to persue it legally, most people just need to be educated:D

BTW, I used to live across 32nd street from you, ex-biatch still lives there:madmax:

Great 'hood' for the kiddies!

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
going29AZ said:
Dir - nice to know that legal representation is available for copyright issues. Like I said, I have not had to persue it legally, most people just need to be educated:D

BTW, I used to live across 32nd street from you, ex-biatch still lives there:madmax:

Great 'hood' for the kiddies!
Do I know you and if not, how do you know my living location? Is the ex-biatch a hottie?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Dirdir said:
Do I know you and if not, how do you know my living location? Is the ex-biatch a hottie?
HaHa, sorry didn't mean to freak you. I recognize the area from your pics. I lived there for about 10 years and then south of Shea for another 8 years...know the area well.

Ex-biatch used to be a hottie. Whiskey and Wine did her in!:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.