Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's a good sign that you said "what's that", lucky you don't have one. I got one when I smashed my hip on the ground during a high speed road bike crash about ten years ago.
It is a huge bump where your leg joins to your hip. Mine looked like a half of a softball sticking out my hip. It hurt more than the road rash. 30 MPH + 1 1/8" road tire + Gravel =
Hip pointer.

·
Banned
1,111 Posts
I got tons of those from riding mini ramps on rollerblades.

You can never sleep on the favorite side of your body when you get one.

Your pants also fit funny for a while.

·
One Colorful Rider
1,204 Posts
Hope your alright

I was thinking earlier today even before I read this that 2008 was not my best year.
I think I bruised a rib in October, plus my left shoulder had ground contact also.

falling on ice hurts but good thing is that more clothing in the winter adds padding

·
Registered
599 Posts
After my ride home tonight I need to buy some studded tires and then install them. I am living down in Iowa and we are right on some stupid line of weather and things have been melting thawing, snowing, then melting, then raining then freezing. Lots of melting snow freezing. I found out last night that the only thing worse than plain old ice, is plain old ice covered in rain!

I put quite the dinger in my phone's outer screen tonight just spilling over backwards onto my back pack. Looks like there are some Nokians in my future. Oh and I agree that ice totally makes you work on your spin. It also has to help develop some of those smaller muscles due to having to change the amount of pressure being applied to the pedals constantly.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
I find riding a fixed gear helps quite a bit. I usually don't find a need for studs. When I fell, it was right after the moment where I was thinking, "Man, it's pretty icy... I should get off and walk." I was basically stopped too. Could not unclip, Trying to twist just slid the rear wheel out faster.

·
One Colorful Rider
1,204 Posts
~gomez~ said:
Spray some windex on those bumps....windex cures everything.

I have a cold and my uvula is all chaffed.

Windex tastes terrible,

g
Wow Happy year Year ...a Chaffed uvala, Shoulder, hip hurt a lot. Sore and painful. Slight bruising. Hurts to sit. and my sore shoulder.... this is what 2009 is going to be like?
I was thinking about buying a senate seat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.