Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Thank YOU, Chuck Norris!
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm at Elk Meadow today and I take a couple of pretty good falls ... well, the only time I've fallen this season is at Bergen Peak/Too Long ... literally, (I hate using this word) every time I ride there I have a pretty good fall ... anyone else find this to be true? Just curious ...

·
Thank YOU, Chuck Norris!
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jealousy ...

it will get you nowhere, my friend! However, Bergen will REALLY get ya in the end!

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
lusdawg said:
So I'm at Elk Meadow today and I take a couple of pretty good falls ... well, the only time I've fallen this season is at Bergen Peak/Too Long ... literally, (I hate using this word) every time I ride there I have a pretty good fall ... anyone else find this to be true? Just curious ...
Can't say I wreck there everytime. Last time I rode Bergen/Too Long (3 weeks maybe) there was a gal and her boyfriend gingerly picking their way down Too Long. Probably because she had broken her jaw and busted up her knee pretty bad. There's some rough stuff there.

·
old skool newbie
857 Posts
confesses to falling

I ride those trails a lot (my local) and they still get the better of me; like on Tuesday. I was coming down Too Long (going slow and cautious because I promised the prego wife I wouldn't get-wicked-wid-it by myself) and still managed a slow motion, over-the-bars maneuver, resulting in a beautiful set of scrapes along my elbow.
There are some people that can clear it all, or at least most of it, http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=207401 but I think that area has some of the most techy stuff around (perhaps more than the DC wall http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=208872).

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Ouch...

I bet I get a nice bruise every other time I go up there. I bruised my quad on a rock a few weeks ago and it still hurts. I have now ridden every obstacle there, but it will be a long time before I can do them all on the same day, much less one ride!

After a few loops on Bergen Snowmass was a breeze!

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
Bergen Peak is certainly a challenging trail, I haven't crashed there this year, but last season, I seemed to be going over the bars every time I rode down Too Long Trail. Going up, I have cleared every obstacle, never during the same ride, not sure I ever will!

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
bit on Bergen

My hardest crash without seriously injuring myself was on Bergen. I'd tried my hardest to go up the set of waterbars-without-end going clockwise up from Elk Meadow, the ones about a mile from the Bergen Peak spur (hey, I know what I'm talking about!) Didn't make it, so I turned around and came flying back down to try again. Front tire went sideways at a 45 degree off a wet waterbar and I just piledrived into the dirt. Dam! that hurt! That whole trail system around Elk Meadow will get you sooner or later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.