Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here gonna go?

this is my first race, i am gonna be pulling a giant 32x20 gear fully rigid.... ;)

anyone have any idea of the race course? i would go down and pre-ride but it's been so rainy lately.... i am pretty familiar with those trails anyways but seeing map of the race loop would give me a better idea of things.

speaking of rain, will this happen if it is raining?

i been here

http://www.trailspinners.org/

but they don't really have too much info on the actual race. are there water stops along the way?

trail spinners seem to be a top-notch group so i am sure the race will be fantastic i'd just like a few more details.

anyone who has done it in the past care to fill me in a little?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hope so . . . . .

They will cancel it if we get enough rain to make the trails soft enough to make damage to the trails. It has not really rained at all this week (I am 5 miles away) and it is pretty sunny out right now, Friday is predicted to be dry, and Saturday is iffy. You need to go to the trailspinners website the day of the race. They will make an announcement the morning of. Hopefully the rain holds off.

They have had water stops in the past, but I would be prepared and bring plenty of your own water.

The SS class has been great as part of the mountainbikeracer.com race series. A bunch of great guys getting together to ride and smack each other around. Two of the guys who hang out here are in the top 3 in the overall series.

The course is mostly all singletrack and one big loop. The SS class will be racing a 26 mile loop. Sweet!

Hope to see you there.

James

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fairhill is so sweet i can't wait to see the 26 mile loop!

also just curiously, what gear do you fast guys run down there?

if it's not raining, i'll be there with ALL the butterflys in my belly!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Fair Hill

max-a-mill said:
fairhill is so sweet i can't wait to see the 26 mile loop!

also just curiously, what gear do you fast guys run down there?

if it's not raining, i'll be there with ALL the butterflys in my belly!
I'll be running a 34 x18. Hopefully, the race will not be rained out. Unfortunately, it won't take much to swamp the trails because it rains everyother day around here it seems. Anyway, positive thinking...it will all be good. :cool: Come out and race. Don't waste energy being nervous, it's all for fun. Bring lot's of friends. I rode most of the course last Tuesday night and the trails were in good shape.

Keith

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Like he said

Come on out and race and bring lots of friends. When I used to race in Sport, it was like everyone was staring me down at the start and I used to get all worked up. In the SS class in this series, it is a bunch of high 5's, hugs, and warm wishes. Don't get me wrong, when the race starts, it is all business, but these guys are the best group to race with.

Gearing will be all over the place from 2 to 1, some higher, some lower, some 29ers, some 26ers. I will probably be running the same gear as Keith, but I have not made a final decision yet. Most of the trails are rolling, but they usually climb up and down a pretty steep hill rising up from a creek all day long.

Oh yeah, bring some shoes that drain well because the promoter promises a run through a pretty big creek. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow, what a race....

sumthin tells me that was a large bite to take on my first foray into racing singlespeeds!

you guys freakin rock! RESPECT!!!!!

i finally finished in around 3 hours (even though the website says DNF even though someone took the bottom of my number, WTF???)

i think yall ended up finishing in the nieghborhood of two hours?????

the two of you from here (manic, and the guy with the really cool blue black frame whose name i totally spaced on) are both gentleman and vicious racing animals! thanks for coming up and introducing yourselves! you made me feel really welcome as we were getting ready.

i got a lot of practicing to do for next year.... again, RESPECT!!!! and thanks again for making someone (who now knows he probably had no business lining up with real racers ;) ) feel real welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.