Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding from downtown Fairfax, up Repack, out along Pine Mountain, down to Kent Lake, back up to Pine mountain ridge, down and then up over White Hill, across Tamarancho's Wagon Wheel then back down to Fairfax. I think it's around 13 miles(?) but a lot of climbing. Should be epic!

Anyone want to join? Meet at the parking lot across from Sunshine Bicycles at 9am, Sunday (June 22).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Passenger 13. I meant the experience as you suggested.

Fairfaxian, if you truly have an "epic" you want to show me out in the water district count me in.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Definition: Epic

An MTB epic ride is one where finishing is not guaranteed (even better if it is "doubtful") Add 10 pts if you: run out of water, vomit, get lost, return in the dark. 50 pts if you spend the night.

Personally, I am a mediocre "epic'er" But you can try 4 peaks for starters: Mt Tam, Pine Mtn summit, Loma Alta summit, and Big Rock Ridge summit. (for an added degree of suffering, you can do the entire Pine Mtn loop) Real men do 5 peaks -by adding Mt Burdell.

A fave marin "training ride" is Mt Tam via Eldrige, to Bolinas Ridge, to Shafter Bridge > back up to San Geronimo Ridge to Tamarancho. Best on a nice hot day.

I missed the last birthday ride my friends rode: 68 miles (mostly dirt), about 6500' vert -all for the birthday "BOY" -who completed the ride for his 65th birthday.

Design your own!:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.