Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally upgrading my main steed. Best bike I have ever owned and need some guidance on fair pricing if that is ok here
12 XL Frame licorice
Talas fork newly rebuilt/Newly rebuilt shock
Full XX drive train
XTR brakes
Hope/Flow wheels
Carbon bars
New Reverb
Weighs 26.6 with light tires

My Rip9Rdo will be here this week so I am ready to move it at a fair price. Any guidance would be appreciated. Normally I know but I see prices from 4-7k

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yes agree with epiphreddy in principle, don't disagree on the price estimate. Thats why I bought my frame new with 5 years warranty. It would be a real lottery buying a high end Niner carbon (or scandium) frame in the second hand market. Steel on the other hand....

·
Registered
822 Posts
I am finally upgrading my main steed. Best bike I have ever owned and need some guidance on fair pricing if that is ok here
12 XL Frame licorice
Talas fork newly rebuilt/Newly rebuilt shock
Full XX drive train
XTR brakes
Hope/Flow wheels
Carbon bars
New Reverb
Weighs 26.6 with light tires

My Rip9Rdo will be here this week so I am ready to move it at a fair price. Any guidance would be appreciated. Normally I know but I see prices from 4-7k
Seatpost, saddle, how much use on drivetrain? I might have been generous with my $3K estimate sad to say. Depreciation on used MTb's is terrible.

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
Sold it locally today for 4k. Put on local classifieds and gone in 2 days
I'm really keen to see how you like the Rip9 RDO, I really like mine.

Don't get me wrong I still love ridding the Jet9 RDO it is a super good bike, But the Rip9 RDO gives up so little to the Jet9 RDO & adds so much more in the ruff.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Sold it locally today for 4k. Put on local classifieds and gone in 2 days
WOW!! You did good. Congrats. I bought the same bike (although a size medium) BRAND NEW with RDO bars, RDO seatpost, stem, full XO components, Talas fork, Arch EX wheels, Maxxis tires for $4,300.

Not trying to be a dick, but the person that bought that bike has waaaay more money than sense!
Anyways, I too will be interested in seeing what you think of the RIP RDO once you build it and get some ride time on it. I have one and compared to the Jet RDO, the only place I see where there is any significant lesser difference is when it gets really steep, otherwise the RIP RDO seems to have NO LIMITS in comparison!!

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
Anyways, I too will be interested in seeing what you think of the RIP RDO once you build it and get some ride time on it. I have one and compared to the Jet RDO, the only place I see where there is any significant lesser difference is when it gets really steep, otherwise the RIP RDO seems to have NO LIMITS in comparison!!
+1 on this.

I have a friend that is quite fit ( rides to work & back every day all year around, Rain or shine )( Lol we don't get snow ) does 2 x 2.5 hours night rides ( Monday night & Thursday night & tries to get a longer ride in on the weekend )

Now this guy is not brave, He had a Jet9 RDO for over a year & got faster but in my unfit state I would still blow his door off on most trails & by a lot, I was always waiting for quite a while, Often for a couple of min on a kind of tech trail ( ruff ish ) that was well within what the Jet9 RDO would be good on & I could nail that track in just 5 min, So he was a lot slower.

He has been on a Rip9 RDO for just over 8 months & boy has he bridged the gap, Although I can still nail him on that same trail, with me on a Jet9 RDO & him on a Rip9 RDO.

If there is someone that needs as much help from a bike as they can get, Boy the Rip9 RDO delivers

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I read the other thread, calling Niner tomorrow, but 5yr warranty is pretty darn nice compared to some other warranties.

I have a Rocky Mountain ETS-X50 which is known for having problems, never did, but it was a 3yr warranty.

Niner is a solid company and has gotten repeats of my business.

·
Registered
507 Posts
WOW!! You did good. Congrats. I bought the same bike (although a size medium) BRAND NEW with RDO bars, RDO seatpost, stem, full XO components, Talas fork, Arch EX wheels, Maxxis tires for $4,300.

Not trying to be a dick, but the person that bought that bike has waaaay more money than sense!
Not sure your new bike price is an adequate benchmark. I'd say that deal falls outside the range of normal.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Not sure your new bike price is an adequate benchmark. I'd say that deal falls outside the range of normal.
I was quite pleased to get what I got for what I paid, however if you know what you are doing it is not hard to do most anytime. At the time frames could be had at MANY places for $1,500, forks for $600/$700 (currently), nice component group $800 (many places - New XX1 currently Ebay and other places $900/$1000 all day everyday) bars/seatpost/stem $300, tires $100, Saddle $75, wheelset $600 (currently), housing, cables, grips $50. What does that come up to? Hmmm, that's about $4,300 or less for a completely NEW bike and components with warranty!.

Now, as far as "normal" goes...I agree if you go and "Support" the local bikeshop and pay retail or anywhere near it then sure you will be looking at probably $6K or so. I think a lot of people that pay that kind of money don't know any better just like the poor sap that paid $4K for the used Jet RDO with no warranty.
Just a casual observation. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.