Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to meet my nephew at Fair Hill on August 8. I've never been there and I was wondering how fast it dries after a storm. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Endo

·
Registered
198 Posts
EndoLookout said:
I was hoping to meet my nephew at Fair Hill on August 8. I've never been there and I was wondering how fast it dries after a storm. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Endo
I was wondering the same thing, but with all the rain we've had, it's gotta be a swamp.
I heard it's much like parts of Avalon and does not drain well in some places.

The place is great to ride. Tight twisty single tract once you get off the double tract. You may have to look up the Delaware Trail Spinners on the web, they may have more info
for you. They do the trail maintenance on the place.

Let us all know if you find out anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I rode Fair Hill on Friday. Things were pretty good and the trails were mostly dry. But, if you went down near the river, things got a lot muddier. I parked in the Gallaher lot and rode the trials on the near side of the river (crack-head bob and seven bridges), then crossed over and rode the loop that leads towards South Park..All pretty nice. If you've never riden there, look for the brown signs that say "trail not recommended for equestrians" because those will be the best riding.

Generally speaking, if it's rained, like it did this weekend, I won't try to ride until at least Wednesday, especially since it is so humid. And, if it's been wet, I try to aviod the river and stay higher up.. or ride the Little Egypt side..which is the blue trail on the new map. Or do the loops I mentioned and stay up on the Yellow trail away from the river.

Bottom line...rain bad... horses bad.... river bad.... bike good.

Have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.