Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'll be heading up to race sport, Sr II (30-34). Was just reading the site and if the info. is correct it's a 22 mile loop for sport! Ugh I can feel the pain already! It's always a good time and these Trek classic races usually draw quite alot of racers. Hope to see some of you all out there from the boards. I'll be on a black Intense Tracer, if you see me gasping for air stop and say hey! This way maybe I can get my tow rope around someone for the rest of the race! :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Theres always a class to have fun in. I raced it a couple of years ago in the beginner first time class (first race I was ever at much less race in) and won on a 35# hardtail with platform pedals and 2.4" tires. I did a couple other races that year on that bike or a 5" travel full suspension bike with similar results. The result being fun. Suck it up and go you may just enjoy yourself.

anand said:
Anybody doing it? I am thinking about it. My only concern is my 30lbs+ FSR and 190lbs+ body. Is there a class for portly men with kids?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, i got 16th in my class Sr II. I have no idea how many competed in it so I'll wait and see. Wound up blowing out my rear shock about halfway through the course.Back to FOX that goes. All in all that was probably the BEST race course I have ridden this year in a venue. I'll definitely make sure to repeat this one next year. Just as I finished and got back to my truck, it started downpouring so talk about timing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.