Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Trail Ninja
6,167 Posts
An 85 lb ebike on a display platform? Yeesh.

I dunno if they're exaggerating, but the mfg site claims 65 lbs.

·
always licking the glass
2,633 Posts
That’s the ring of thieves here in the Denver
Metro that crashes into bike shops to steal bikes. Those ******s usually steal the trucks first before heading to the shops, and they case stores for cameras.

It sucks too. My shop has been hit at least three times by these type of ******s.

·
Thicc Member
1,150 Posts
too bad you couldn’t rig an EBike to deliver a healthy shock too the lowlife skell who plants his ass on it in an unauthorized capacity.
Setting boobie traps is usually a felony level crime; the state will take high offense and punish you for being a very bad boy, plus the civil suit from the thief will finish off what's left of your future.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Setting boobie traps is usually a felony level crime; the state will take high offense and punish you for being a very bad boy, plus the civil suit from the thief will finish off what's left of your future.
Ironic, isn't it? The criminal aggressor becomes the victim. I wonder, though, would that be any different than an eclectic fence? Or could electrifying the bike fall under a castle law, which would protect the property owner from civil suits. Well, at least in Texas it does (§ 83.001 of the Texas Civil Practice & Remedies Code states that a person is immune from civil liability if they used force or deadly force that was justified under Chapter 9 of the Penal Code - AKA castle law).

In any case... bike shops where I am don't have issues with thieves taking bikes.... there are none to be taken!

Reactions: stripes

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Whilst e-bike thievery is a thing, car-jackings have skyrocketed in these parts, but I digress...

·
Hooligan
992 Posts
When they catch idiots like this, they should be shipped to China and put to work.

Once word gets out, there will be much less idiotic behavior.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Joseph Stalin approved! Just make the people you don't like disappear.

·
Rippin da fAt
8,543 Posts
Just think how nice it would be, without bike thieves around. Probably be getting rid of a bunch of other issues all at the same time.
People that do this are not contributing members of society.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Truth in reporting!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts