Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Purpnurp
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered one for my wife...does anybody have any experience with this bike? I am going to switch out the brakes for avid disc brakes, but other than that it will be the stock bike. It seems like a good starter bike for her. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
USED2COULD
1,274 Posts
Don't sweat it, the first person to reply has a grand total of 5 posts. So pretty much also a Noob (at least to posting, if a long time lurker).

To answer the question you first posted. It is hard for anyone to outright rubber stamp your choice, not knowing your wife or the type of ridding intended for the bike. However, having said that the F400 is as you point out an excellent starter bike. And beyond that it is built on an excellent frame if you and your wife wish to upgrade componentry over time as interest increases, the F400 is up to the job.

Enjoy.

NS2000X

PS: Please post pictures when you have it up and running. :)

Welcome

·
Purpnurp
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks NS....I will post some pics...I have a C-dale too, we're buying the F400 from the same shop where i got my Rush1000...The only reason we didnt shop around for another womens bike is because i have done business there and feel very comfortable with the staff. The womens Rush was not really a good starter bike for her, kinda too much bike for a total beginner...I hope she gets into the sport like me so we can both sport Rush's some day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wasn't trolling or trying to be unhelpful, I was just saying as there's not much point in asking for advice AFTER you've already ordered the bike. Just seems a bit back to front.

And yes I may be new on here, but I've been in the bike trade for years and the same principles apply with anything; research first.

But anyway hope she likes the bike, at that price point the main issues would be with the contact points and sizing there isn't a huge variation at that end of the scale in performance and a good frame to build on is always a start

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.