Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
29 inches and Pissed Off!
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooke's Law. Physics was a long time ago.

I have been out of bikes for 6-8 weeks. Sold one, sent one back to IF for a refab, and I broke the frame of my beater SS.

The Slingshot is a great ride. My first ride was on cx tires, that was rough. I put the fatties on for the Los Gatos Turkey ride, what a difference. I am going to get some big, fat Schwalbe's for the road. This is a fun, quick handling bike.

Dan C.

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
I've never had a thing for a Slingshot before, but the way you have that thing dressed up, I'd ride it. Cool color too. Anything with Phils is OK in my book.

·
bike geek
1,051 Posts
Captain Kana said:

I have been out of bikes for 6-8 weeks. Sold one, sent one back to IF for a refab, and I broke the frame of my beater SS.

The Slingshot is a great ride. My first ride was on cx tires, that was rough. I put the fatties on for the Los Gatos Turkey ride, what a difference. I am going to get some big, fat Schwalbe's for the road. This is a fun, quick handling bike.

Dan C.
Looks good! One of a kind. Throw some skinny tires on there and it could almost pass for a road bike, with the drop-ish bars, STI, and 10spd cassette.

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts
One of a kind for sure

Captain Kana said:
Physics was a long time ago for me, too. As I recall, it is a spring force law, no? Applicable to the Slingshot for sure. Beauty of a ride, what year is the frame? I KNOW they do not offer them that way from the factory, I don't even have to go look at the Slingshot web page for that. I have a similar component mix on my psuedo CX/29er/MTB/Touring bike, mixing and matching mtb and road components can be done. I have found that the feel of V-brakes with non V levers can be OK, I have that for rear brakes.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Oh man, lovely bike, I'd definately ride that! But wow, do you ever have a long reach to the drops hand position, it looks to sit waaaay in front of the head tube. Then again, Slingshots have short top tubes, I think?
When I get a chance, I'll build up a Midge bike for do-all purposes. Meaning, making it more attractive to make some road mileage on it too (which sucks here more than you could imagine).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.