Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, was about to head out for a ride since the snow finally melted. Figured I would check all my bolts first. I stripped the threads in my seat clamp, been wanting a QR anyways so not a big deal at all right? Except there are literally NO bikes shops open today. I guess I am going to try and call Dicks Sports... If that fails I am strongly considering a hose clamp and duct tape the piss out of it in hopes that it doesnt move. beyond pissed right now. :madmax: :madman:

and nobody to blame but myself....

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good call...I assume you meant tap it out. I quit pouting for a second and realized I can just drill out the hole and chuck a 1/4-20 thru bolt with a nut on it. Good as new...cept you need a socket wrench to adjust...got a hope collar on order.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Who says you need to sit down? take off the seat, post and clamp and ride like you rode a bmx bike as a kid :thumbsup: Cut a slice in a tennis ball and put that over your seat tube just in case your rear end does make contact with the frame. Tennis ball feels much better than a 31.8mm diameter aluminum tube.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
dietz31684 said:
Good call...I assume you meant tap it out. I quit pouting for a second and realized I can just drill out the hole and chuck a 1/4-20 thru bolt with a nut on it. Good as new...cept you need a socket wrench to adjust...got a hope collar on order.
yeah, - punch it through and cinch it down - "tap" may give a false idea ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.