Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With few exceptions REM is as good as it has ever been, despite what AndyN reports. The 'Bandoleros' decided that depsite observations of downed tree's interrupting flow on a sacred trail, it deserved a look-see. So we headed out early this AM to get a birds-eye-view of the situation:thumbsup:

There were a couple of Turners on-hand;)

knob on the first section of the descent

and not far behind...

Since we didn't have saws or cutting tools available, we made some modifications to the most current obstacles that we encountered. Sorry, but these weren't around on earlier trips, but "where there's a 'wheel' there's a way":thumbsup:

Obligatory trail shot...

DUCK!

Splash!

How is this bad?:D

and yet another energy stripping obstacle...damn those logs!

Knob on the new RFX....

So where is the SFBFL?

Knob and RCC on 'The Wall'

Afterwards we decided to cheer on the Big Freakin' Loopers in style...Bandoleros style:thumbsup:

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
X-post on passion

Here's my photos and view of the ride.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=429740

Things that come to mind from yesterday:

The group of women at Aspen Vista who said "oh, big bikes. Are you riding the SFBFL?" and your reply "no, we're riding the SF Little Friggin Loop."

The gaunt guy on the green on-one single speed who asked "You guys okay" and your response "yeah, - uh are you okay?"

Someone cut that 3 foot thick tree at the bottom of the trail that's been there since last year. Or was that just the effect of Bandoleros coming through?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
With few exceptions REM is as good as it has ever been
How would you know? You rode REM for the 1st time ever last year, and who was it who showed you the trail...

Also missing from your post are pictures of the many trees blocking the trail that are difficult to climb over, and the downed trees impossible to climb over where hike-arounds had to be routed.

Glad you boys enjoyed yourselves, but you have FAILED at spinning a new truth about the current state of REM.

·
7MGTE
1,708 Posts
AndyN said:
How would you know? You rode REM for the 1st time ever last year, and who was it who showed you the trail...
And who was the one who thanks your ass 2 weeks ago for REM... Oh yea thats right it was a bandolero :nono:.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=425136
supramk388 said:
AndyN, thanks for showing us this trail last year, since then we cannot get enough. Looking forward to riding with you soon.

·
Registered
439 Posts
AndyN said:

Also missing from your post are pictures of the many trees blocking the trail that are difficult to climb over, and the downed trees impossible to climb over where hike-arounds had to be routed.

Glad you boys enjoyed yourselves, but you have FAILED at spinning a new truth about the current state of REM.
You guys are starting to post the same boring pics again...I wonder why no one else posts in here anymore. Must be the Fagoleros no?

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
makachut said:
big F'ing fish hook that you guys carry.What do you plan to catch with that,Ramon?
that's funny dude! nah that's just part of the survival kit! tu sabes!.. you guys should come down south and drink i mean ride with us one of these days! that is if you santa fe hippies(as the knob puts it!) don't mind riding along with a bunch of slow dudes!:D

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
RCC said:
that's funny dude! nah that's just part of the survival kit! tu sabes!.. you guys should come down south and drink i mean ride with us one of these days! that is if you santa fe hippies(as the knob puts it!) don't mind riding along with a bunch of slow dudes!:D
when the weather turns to winter my marsopial training starts aka expand the gut and grow a pouch.As for now,my sights are set on Colorado and points north.:D That's dirty hippy if you don't mind.

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
makachut said:
when the weather turns to winter my marsopial training starts aka expand the gut and grow a pouch.As for now,my sights are set on Colorado and points north.:D That's dirty hippy if you don't mind.
Colorado hu!!! cool thing! The Bandoleros have to make up there one of these days.we may need a guide thou! would you mind? youre not ashame of hanging around with them dudes are you?:D :D :D you dirty hippy you.:D :D :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.