Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
fun things are fun
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see today i went out this morning for a nice ride came back and saw a slip from fedex that said " We were unable to leave your package(s). You may: pickup you package today after 5pm at this location."
WTF
I was even more pissed off when there were options on the slip to leave it at a neighbors house. But no the fedex person was to lazy to walk 50 feet.
and i live in the suburbs for crying out loud who steals anything.
I mean ups usually just leves it there on the stoop i don't mind .
Funny thing is the guy didn't leave the time or his empolyee number.
good thing i'm working the night shift tomorrow. hopefully i'll be able to cacth the guy.
oh I just ordered a pair of eggbeaters and a pair of answer 04 impact shoes. the main reason i'm pissed off is that i'm excited about going clipless. and i got 2 day shipping so i would have them for this beautiful weekend. now i paid a 2 day rate for 3 day shipping aaargh.
moral of the story get ground shipping much less stressful and money and if you really want something go to your lbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
ran92 said:
Let's see today i went out this morning for a nice ride came back and saw a slip from fedex that said " We were unable to leave your package(s). You may: pickup you package today after 5pm at this location."
WTF
I was even more pissed off when there were options on the slip to leave it at a neighbors house. But no the fedex person was to lazy to walk 50 feet.
and i live in the suburbs for crying out loud who steals anything.
I mean ups usually just leves it there on the stoop i don't mind .
Funny thing is the guy didn't leave the time or his empolyee number.
good thing i'm working the night shift tomorrow. hopefully i'll be able to cacth the guy.
oh I just ordered a pair of eggbeaters and a pair of answer 04 impact shoes. the main reason i'm pissed off is that i'm excited about going clipless. and i got 2 day shipping so i would have them for this beautiful weekend. now i paid a 2 day rate for 3 day shipping aaargh.
moral of the story get ground shipping much less stressful and money and if you really want something go to your lbs.
Ya gotta fill out the "no signature required" slip - they'll then just leave on your step. I get crap all the time from FE and UPS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
C'mon, FedEx didn't do anything wrong. If they left it on your porch unauthorized and it was stolen you'd be screaming bloody hell.

Whenever I know a package will be arriving today that is important, if I leave the house I tape note to the door authorizing them to leave it, with my printed name, signature, and date.

You're lucky you can at least "pick it up at 5pm today", where I am you can't pickup yourself until the next day.

And, yes, the option on the slip to leave it at a neighbor's house is for you to leave for FedEx/UPS when they try to redeliver tomorrow. That's why I pre-empt them with my own note/authorization if I leave the house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,143 Posts
I understand, but for once I am not gonna bash FedEx. I have done the 2-day/must have it now delivery and received the stupid yellow/black tag.

Now I leave a note on the door, or ask the shipper to request shipment to my work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Get a grip, it's really not that serious. Like someone else said, if they left it outside and it was stolen, you'd be on here posting about how you can't believe their stupidity. And why should the driver have assumed to leave it at your neighbor's house just becuase that option is on the slip? How would he know you wanted it left there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,143 Posts
steve3 said:
You think Fed EX is bad? Try OOPS. Those s*hit brown guys suck.

FedEX has been great for me and my packages don't arrive mangled. If it's a signature required package, I simply tape a note on the door authorizing dropoff. Once I figured this out, I was set. I get Sat deliveries from them, too.
UPS has damaged more of my bikes, and my friends', than anybody else combined.
I've had zero incidents with FedEx shipping wheels and frames and bikes.
UPS couldn't deliver a cinder block without it showing up in pieces.
FedEx = #1
USPS = #2
gonna try DHL before ever going back to UPS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
You're barking up the wrong tree...

Whether fedex will leave the package at your door depends on the instructions given by the sender. If you want them to leave it, tell the sender not to demand a signature on receipt. It's your seller who is trying to protect themself here--Fedex is just following their instructions.


ran92 said:
Let's see today i went out this morning for a nice ride came back and saw a slip from fedex that said " We were unable to leave your package(s). You may: pickup you package today after 5pm at this location."
WTF
I was even more pissed off when there were options on the slip to leave it at a neighbors house. But no the fedex person was to lazy to walk 50 feet.
and i live in the suburbs for crying out loud who steals anything.
I mean ups usually just leves it there on the stoop i don't mind .
Funny thing is the guy didn't leave the time or his empolyee number.
good thing i'm working the night shift tomorrow. hopefully i'll be able to cacth the guy.
oh I just ordered a pair of eggbeaters and a pair of answer 04 impact shoes. the main reason i'm pissed off is that i'm excited about going clipless. and i got 2 day shipping so i would have them for this beautiful weekend. now i paid a 2 day rate for 3 day shipping aaargh.
moral of the story get ground shipping much less stressful and money and if you really want something go to your lbs.
 

·
fun things are fun
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well your right i read the the slip thing after i posted and then i said oops.
sorry about that i was probably pissed off because my sister didn't answer the door. and the company i got it from sent me a confirmation of my purchase but no warning of it being shipped. so i had no clue when it would arrive.
I'm sorry for my comments earlier about the Fed eX company.

But on a side note I used to recieve orders for a Harley dealer and we used both fed ex and ups and when fedex came it was amazing how many boxes were squashed or broken. you should have seen the boxes that had painted gastanks and fenders in them usually no harm done but still.
and ups had pretty decent shipping but that's just in the bussiness sense other than that fed ex has been good.
so sorry about that rant and my lack of intelligence.
I didn't know but thanks for the future advice it should make things alot smoother.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Yeah, I ordered next day shipping on my D2Carbon for a race that was on a sunday, the helmet was supposed to be here at 12 on saturday. So we hang around....then we just leave at like 1245. Get back, I got my pads, jersey, but not my helmet. They left me that wonderful slip. Had to drive 45minutes to go pick it up. Fedex is better than UPS, but from my experience....im liking DHL. O yeah, it said the helmet arrived at like 1:12.....boy was I pissed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
danK said:
UPS has damaged more of my bikes, and my friends', than anybody else combined.
I've had zero incidents with FedEx shipping wheels and frames and bikes.
UPS couldn't deliver a cinder block without it showing up in pieces.
FedEx = #1
USPS = #2
gonna try DHL before ever going back to UPS.
Yup yup. UPS dented the headtube on my Retrotec and got away with when the claim was denied.

Fedex ground has never ruined any of the frames they delivered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
UPS is a horrible company. My brother drove for them for twenty years. He's sprained his ankle several times, had to have surgery on his elbow and wrist. They overload the trucks and when you're injured the UPS Doctor will clear you for work no matter how bad you are.

When my mother had bypass sx, they were supposed to fill his truck half so he could go see her. But alas, they gave him a full load (which is 8 or 9 at night). He's been known to THROW a package or two, he doesn't give a sh*t.

FEDEX aint all that much better though, in terms of how they treat their drivers (next door neighbor drives for them).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
mtbmom said:
UPS is a horrible company. My brother drove for them for twenty years. He's sprained his ankle several times, had to have surgery on his elbow and wrist. They overload the trucks and when you're injured the UPS Doctor will clear you for work no matter how bad you are.

When my mother had bypass sx, they were supposed to fill his truck half so he could go see her. But alas, they gave him a full load (which is 8 or 9 at night). He's been known to THROW a package or two, he doesn't give a sh*t.

FEDEX aint all that much better though, in terms of how they treat their drivers (next door neighbor drives for them).
FedEx is much worse....at least your brother at UPS makes a very good living...$20-25..plus xxlnt benifits, pension from the union etc...Most Fed-Ex drivers are part time, so managment has to pay no benifits, no union...UPS drivers have it easy...most of those packages are small...avg. weight is 8lbs.
 

·
Start slow and taper off
Joined
·
790 Posts
I had a painting shipped back to me by Fed Ex

An artist my wife and I like was having a retrospective and the artist asked us if we would loan one of the paintings we own to the museum. Of course. The museum handled all the arrangements, all I had to do was pack the painting and fed ex picked it up. The painting is worth $2500(when we bought it with all the wedding money we got. We're not rich, I'm an artist myself, and we'd been saving a while to buy a painting we really enjoyed).
After the show ended, the painting was shipped back to us Fed Ex. My wife and I came home one day to find the box sitting on the porch, ready for anyone to take it. I called fed ex and they couldn't care less. The painting was insured, but for me irreplaceable...also since the artists work has been recently selling for a lot more, fed ex would only allow the painting to insured for what I had a reciept for and not the appreciated value.
 

·
Wizard of the Trail
Joined
·
912 Posts
Yeah, I am in the same boat today. I paid for 2 day delivery. I wasn't home and I see that they were here, but did not leave the package. I ordered shimano 540s and multi release cleats. Anyway, I feel I should be reimbursed because now I have to either drive to the fed ex place or wait till tomorrow. USPS leaves the package and so does UPS. This really burns my A$$. They shoud knock off a couple bucks now because its not two days. People do work!! I feel your pain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
yup. ups just leaves all my packages at the door. never gotten anything from ups. but one thing that annoys me is that they could atleast ring the doorbell when they come cause im always home before they come. but my rooms in the front so i see the truck come.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top