Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fixed Fat Front! Although Fatties do fit fine. I Built this up the other day with stuff I had lying aroung. Frame is my old 29er SS frame: Hunter w/ EBB, non-suspension corrected. Fork is a Salsa 26" steel. Old pair of 26" SS disc wheels, rims are Rhyno Lite. Endomorph front and Gazzaloddi 26x3.0 rear. I had to trim the outer most row of knobs off the Gazza to clear the chainstays, but I think they will still have enough traction! Drivetrain is a 32t salsa ring and a 22t Tomicog. Old Deore M555 front disc brake. Not much else going on here! No rides in yet, but it is supposed to snow in NY this weekend, so hopefully I will get some riding in! This is my first attempt at Fixed as well as Fat, so it should be interesting! Enjoy the picks:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
byknuts said:
you have hunters "just lying around"???
I want hunters just lying around...

:thumbsup: nice bike!
No, I don't have Hunters just lying around. I had a Hunter lying around! It was replaced last year with a Black Sheep, and has been doing nieghborhood-bike duty since then, but this seems like a better use for it!

Mark

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
F.f.f.f.f.

First Fixed Fat Front Foray! In other words, I went for a ride in the snow. Mother nature cooperated and dumped 6 to 8 inches of snow on Saturday night, so after I got the driveway cleaned up and went for a ride. Man that was fun! This was my first ever fixed gear ride, and it was a blast. I think the hardest part is starting from a stop. Trying to bang the snow out of my cleats and then gettting both feet clipped in was a bit of a challange. Trees came in handy for this! Log crossings were hit and miss as well, depending on where the pedals ended up. This was also my first fat tire ride with the Endomorph and Gazzaloddi. On the flats, it was no problem riding through the 6 to 8 inches, and it had a very peaceful feel to it. The steeper/longer uphills were unridable, as I expected, so I did a bit of walking. The off camber stuff was trecherous! I had a number of 'unplanned dismounts'! Overall it was a great ride and a nice way to enjoy the fresh snow. Some pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
I put my gazzallodi three inch on the front of my bike tonight ready for snow riding tomorrow.You can run it at 12psi so it should be good for the snow.My bike doesnt have enough room in the rear for one so i am running a mountain king 2.3.Gearing is 32x20,dialled bikes love hate with an instigator fork.

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
That's a mighty FFFine Christmas present

Even if you did build it yourself from stuff you already had. I hope you get a very white Christmas. Little hope of that here, I'll be forced to ride on dry trails in the sunshine.

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Excellent. I was wondering if the Endomorph worked properly on a Rhyno Lite rim. I have both -- and another hub -- and now I'm going to put them all together after getting proper spokes. Thanks! :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.