Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son blew out his headshock on his F-4. We took it to our LBS about an hour away & they replaced the piston unit. He got it back & it was banging & had very little travel. Since my confidence in the LBS was down, I took it to another shop to diagnose. It was a Mike's Bikes about 2.5 hours away, we were in town that day, so I brought it along. They disassembled it & confimred that the roller bearings (slider) were blown apart & that was causing the issue. Not sure if this was done on the rebuild, or when he blew out the piston. This shop did not charge me for the time they spent.

I would like to have this fork sent to Cannondale, or send it myself to a shop that can service it properly. Any recommendations on who to deal with? My confidence in the LBS is not there after getting it back in poor shape. Already spent $150 to service the piston, would like to get the other part fixed as reasonably as possible.

Thanks!

John.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yup, thats the place to send it.

Crag at Mendon Cyclesmith did a Lefty of mine. Very good work and a LOT less expensive than sending it to cannondale. (I made THAT mistake once,.........once!) Also a rely nice guy to deal with. I highly recommend him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.