Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tiffster - thanks for the reply.

That's how I'm looking to use them - I'm building a Kona Kula Supreme for racing... I'm at 175 lbs - so I know I'm within weight of most Ti pedals...

Others that you might think I should consider?? Crank Bros egg beaters? - I'd need different cleats or a new pair of shoes than for the SPD compatables I have on my other rides...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Well even if you are using them for Race Day only i wouldnt recommend them.

I kid you not - i had a pair which had huge amounts of play in the (non replaceable) bushing after a couple of rides.

Exustar exchanged them and i got a new pair - this happened 4 times. Exustar were OK With it but in the end they turned around and said no more.

So i now have some very expensive shinny paper weights....

I had this with Xpedo pedals too. They have non replaceable bushings so once it wears out thats it the pedal is useless.

Crank Brothers are great in this aspect that you can replace those parts - but i personally hate eggbeaters. Theres no platform at all - but you may like them.

Im running some Look Quartz Carbon pedals at the momment. 250 grams for the pair, cheap, proper bearings and So long as you take the time to set them up correctly they work great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tiffster,

Thanks for the honest opinion! Especially on eggbeaters

I've been a Ritchey Logic zelot since the mid '90s - so I'm also looking at his WCS V4 Mtn Forged Titanium pedals that come in at 248 g. per pair. The "Cromoly axle is stiffer and more trustworthy than titanium"...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.