Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,331 Posts
Oh crap, my rims are NOT BALANCED AND MISSING TWO HOLES! (one hole really, but it's totally not extreme enough)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL!!!

Not much after the whole hype they created but interested in idea of super-wide rim for my Knards...

Shame that it seems to be just scam...

Cheers!
I.

·
Registered
591 Posts
i emailed him on ebay and got the weight for the 190/135 wheelset. despite all the fatbike hype. there just aren't enough people that actually own fatbikes. to give this guys product a fair shakedown.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The guy behind these products has had his personal shakedown...prison time. He started 2 or 3 threads on here...all got nuked...as in vaporized.

·
turtles make me hot
11,484 Posts
Maybe he can't answer your emails because he's got to earn computer time in the pokey.

·
Registered
591 Posts
he's not spamming the board we've seen that here before. there will be a cheaper alternative fat wheelset and rims. whether the extreme wheelset will be it we'll see by next fatbike season.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,

I'm not from the States, but really willing to act as a lab guinea pig, but can not get hold with them via email/ebay...

Anyone succeed in calling them?

Cheers!
I.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
he's not spamming the board we've seen that here before. there will be a cheaper alternative fat wheelset and rims. whether the extreme wheelset will be it we'll see by next fatbike season.
He's not spamming the board because he got banned. The (now deleted) threads were among the most epic, brutal and entertaining in the history of the entire internet. Sorry you missed it.

·
sluice box
990 Posts
Hi,

I'm not from the States, but really willing to act as a lab guinea pig, but can not get hold with them via email/ebay...

Anyone succeed in calling them?

Cheers!
I.
If you can not get a response before the sale what will the support be after the sale? Yes they may be cheap but it is your money and if you feel like being the guinea pig, go for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The cheapest 100mm rim I can find online. so I decided to go ahead and order from Ebay XteremeFatTireBikes.

It's not a scam apparently. I did received the 100mm rims in black. It's light as claim. Not a bad quality rim. The welded part is strong but not smooth. Overall I'm not regretting it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts