Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Well they finaly got soem pictures of them....

or at least color computer pics. Extralite is saying january on these, but they have been promising these for at least 1 yr.

Now there is progress coming as we some drawings. I will let everyone know when these are for sale unless someone else gets some info sooner.

Too bad I am on disc brakes now....
I am sure they can go on my back-up bike for testing ;).

If these are not stiff or powerful, then Avid SD7 Ti are still my top choice in a light V-Brake that is easliy availabe. Or the Avid mags if you can find them.

Even if they are not the best, 99g for pair is very hard to beat. It's going to help alot of v-brake users drop some nice weight on thier rides.
Paired with the UltraLevers, you are looking at 163-165g for your brake system :D.

Retail price is $169 at this moment.

Weight: 99Gr / set.

Leverage: 100mm.

Tuning: Micro adjustable.

Operation: 4 Sealed bearings.

Springs: Linear, butted Beta Titanium.

Shoes: KoolStop Dual compound.

Pad holders: Special CNC pads.

Hardware: Titanium / 7075 T6.

Graphics: Laser etched.

UltraBrakes 99gr.(set)

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Pads are inluded in the weight...

I am pretty sure about that. Here is the info from the dealer pricelist:

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 449pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="599"> [TR][TD]Hyper accurate 3D cnc construction, responsive Ergal V-Brake, micro adjustable, Beta Titanium linear springs, 4 sealed ball bearings, black anodized, laser graphics, complete with hardware & pads, 99gr. (pair)

[/TD][/TR][TR][/TR] [/TABLE] UltraBrakes -
Hyper accurate 3D cnc construction, responsive Ergal V-Brake, micro adjustable, Beta Titanium linear springs, 4 sealed ball bearings, black anodized, laser graphics, complete with hardware & pads, 99g (pair).
Pads and cable pipe are included

If they hit 99g for the set, with pads and noodels that will be amazing!!

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Complete Front and Rear!

brakes, pads, noodle and hardware. The only thing I am not sure is the bolts to bolt them on your bike. No worries though, the ExtraBolt 4 is only 5-6g for both ends :D

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
NO!! 99 for the pair!!!

99g is for the front & rear!
This includes pads and noodle.

So 99g for the brakes (F&R) and 64g for the UltraLevers.

UltraBrakes -
Hyper accurate 3D cnc construction, responsive Ergal V-Brake, micro adjustable, Beta Titanium linear springs, 4 sealed ball bearings, black anodized, laser graphics, complete with hardware & pads, 99g (pair).
Pads and cable pipe are included.

We are talking 163-165g for the entire brake sytem!!

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Then Extralite is lying on thier...

dealer pricelist. It say a pair! I will confrim is as soon as I can.

·
Registered
796 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
dealer pricelist. It say a pair! I will confrim is as soon as I can.
The website says 99 g for a set. A set means one complete brake. You're just misinterpreting but even if you weren't sure, common sense should tell you that it's not 99 g for both the front and rear brake.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.