Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2000ish Giant Sedona for my Wife at a garage sale for use in city riding. Apparently she's a little taller than I thought, because with the seat post extended to maximum length it's still about 2-3 inches too short for her to fully extend her leg while seated.

Can I buy a longer saddle post and just raise it up a few more inches? If so can anyone reccomend a durable extra long post? Are seats built universal to fit all posts?

Also, how can I find out what kind of headset would work with that bike, because when I was tightening up the threaded fork because it was loose, I overtightened and I think I messed up the ball bearings because now it kinda sticks in position when pointing forward (the position it was in when I tightened it) I've since loosened it up a bit but it still has the problem, still very rideable for the price, but I need to fix that.

Sorry if I'm not doing my homework, but I figure you 'passion' folks would know something like this.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Thompson and Salsa come in at 410mm (about 16 inches long).
Kalloy (cheaper) can come in around 400mm
Interloc at 425mm

Don't know if they come in the right diameter or not, but a starting point - don't know of many that are too much longer than those...

JmZ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.