Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a set of 2008 shiamno xt cranks,the frame b.b. width is stated at 68mm,I checked out the tech website and shimano note to use two-2.5 spacers on the drive side and one 2.5 spacer on the non drive.If my math serves me right I'm adding 7.5 mm of spacers,where one 5mm on each side would bring me to the 73mm = the correct lengh when zero spacer when used with a 73mm bb
Thx for any help.............:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
29ERCAT said:
I'm installing a set of 2008 shiamno xt cranks,the frame b.b. width is stated at 68mm,I checked out the tech website and shimano note to use two-2.5 spacers on the drive side and one 2.5 spacer on the non drive.If my math serves me right I'm adding 7.5 mm of spacers,where one 5mm on each side would bring me to the 73mm = the correct lengh when zero spacer when used with a 73mm bb
Thx for any help.............:thumbsup:
If you were using a 73mm. bottom bracket shell, you would need to use one spacer on the drive side anyway. That is also shown on the Shimano tech. documents. The length of the tube is such that if you used a 73mm. with BB mounted derailleur you would use no spacers.

Ronnie.

·
Banned
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ronnie,thx...in the past I have run the bb with zero spacers without any problem.Has anyone gone with zero spacers when useing a 73mm bb shell.That may explain a bit of a harsh chainline when I'm in the 11t cog when I run a 1x9 setup...
any feedback.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.